Question

PhantomRam

Elite Member
With a ton of our bench players playing a lot of minutes and making contributions who loses minutes when when Skeen and Santil get back? Good problem, but major problem as I see it. Where do we fit them all in? Someone will not be happy. IF you were coach whose minutes would you cut? Almost impossible if you ask me.

Excellent question. Tough to answer. Much of that will get answered in the process of games, i.e. Larry or Kirill get in foul trouble, someone is having a bad night, favorable/unfavorable matchup, etc. Regardless, its a great problem to have.

That is a tough question. I think Kirill's minutes definitely go down for sure. I can't see Ed or Brandon losing minutes since Shaka loves their energy and defense. I would have to say Kirill and TJ. Kirill just because Skeen is better and Saintil needs to get time as a soph, and TJ because he's way undersized as a 4 and can go back to being the spark off the bench when we need it.

PhantomRam said:
With a ton of our bench players playing a lot of minutes and making contributions who loses minutes when when Skeen and Santil get back? Good problem, but major problem as I see it. Where do we fit them all in? Someone will not be happy. IF you were coach whose minutes would you cut? Almost impossible if you ask me.

I just don't see this team operating like that. Sure, we have starters, but it's basically a hot hand thing. I don't think Shaka is afraid of playing small either. He's definitely demonstrated that, even going without Larry OR KP at times this season. If anyone really loses time, it would probably be TJ...but I still see Coach going with the hot hand. If Skeen is hitting, you gotta keep 6'8 in the game... but I think he will be worked into the rotation just like everyone else seems to be...on a game to game/minute to minute/play by play basis

Good question, bad subject (I hate vague subjects).
You're right, it is a good problem to have.
Kirill will lose time if he continues to play like he did tonight.

i think it is going to free up larry to be more aggressive. kiril is going to lose some PT. Plus it will depend on the team we are playing, game conditions, matchups etc...we are weak on the front line to some extent...those two could make us a real force...seriously

Ride the hot hands. Also, I don't think Saintil will see a whole ton of minutes.

No way TJ loses a lot of minutes. Maybe some, but he's too important to not have out there.

The answer though I think is KP. He's just there for the fouls.

Korilla, and TJ loose minutes. Bradford might also loose some minutes as TJ might play more 3 now.

The way we move through this is as a TEAM. In our "havoc" system all these guys are going to see some minutes. It becomes making the most of the minutes you are given, and giving 110% while you are out there for the benefit of the TEAM, not yourself. Gaining frontcourt depth will be huge in notching up the havoc.

no way BB loses minutes, next ot larry he is the best player on the court, i may even give him the best player honors. BB just doesnt have all the flash that larry has but this is the second night BB almost shoots 100% for the floor

ramnation said:
I think Kirill's minutes definitely go down for sure.
he only played 7 minutes tonight...so if he's getting less he isn't playing at all basically...

RamLifer said:
Korilla, and TJ loose minutes. Bradford might also loose some minutes as TJ might play more 3 now.
I agree with this, but I think we will get the same amount of energy out of these guys just in fewer min's. They will be able to come in and bust rear and be aggressive without having to worry about fouling out or using up all of their energy.

vcu_dan said:
ramnation said:
he only played 7 minutes tonight...so if he's getting less he isn't playing at all basically...

Yeah, pretty much

mrCAA said:
vcu_dan said:
ramnation said:

Yeah, pretty much
I hate to be critical...but he looks worse than last year. I mean last year he was hitting some nice little baby hook shots and boxing people out. This year instead of boxing people out he just takes them out by falling on them.

Back