Rams to visit Alabama in 2011

VCU is scheduled to play at Alabama in 2011, with the return game at the Siegel Center in 2012.

The games are part of a clause in the contract of former VCU coach Anthony Grant that stipulated if he left for another school, that school would have to play the Rams in a home-and-home series.

Grant took the head job at Alabama after last season.

Basically Grant wants nothing of Larry so he waits 2 years juuuuuuuuuust in case! :lol: :lol:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sport ... 07/308820/

MADRAM said:
VCU is scheduled to play at Alabama in 2011, with the return game at the Siegel Center in 2012.

The games are part of a clause in the contract of former VCU coach Anthony Grant that stipulated if he left for another school, that school would have to play the Rams in a home-and-home series.

Grant took the head job at Alabama after last season.

Basically Grant wants nothing of Larry so he waits 2 years juuuuuuuuuust in case! :lol: :lol:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sport ... 07/308820/

Sounds like Grant. We will be ready, whatever the year.

Guess he figures lightning wont strike twice..whoop em up

2011 could be next season depending on the month and Larry could be here.

Makes no difference AG-Donte will be swatting by then!

vcu70 said:
2011 could be next season depending on the month and Larry could be here.

Makes no difference AG-Donte will be swatting by then!

we would play bama early in the year like oklahoma in most likely scenario's so it would be 2011-12, 2012-13. also didnt it take us 2 years before we played oklahoma, so if grant is guilty of ducking for that long i guess capel is as well.

I would have liked to seen this series start next year, but this is the same thing that happened with the Oklahoma series. The only recruits of Grant's that will still be around in 2011 will be Bradford and Terrance, and they will be gone when Grant comes here. His recruits served us well against Oklahoma though, and I am sure that Shaka's will do the same against Alabama.

MarcusNation said:
You guys think Grant will still be there? ;)

AG's Alabama team just had a win over Beileine's Michigan squad. That's a pretty nice victory in anyone's book.

If Grant leads Alabama to at least in the top 5 of the SEC this year, I think he will be fine in job security. Especially if he can somehow get them in the NCAA tourney....but all wishes don't come true sadly.

Rambunctious said:
With Grant it's all about the system and motivation. He will make Bama very good.

True but seeing that Kentucky, Florida, and Tennessee are in the same conference, I just don't see him getting an at-large bid this year. But who knows?

i dont think marcus was hinting he would get fired, but rather he would make bama good and look for an even higher profile job.

Kazie said:
Rambunctious said:
With Grant it's all about the system and motivation. He will make Bama very good.

True but seeing that Kentucky, Florida, and Tennessee are in the same conference, I just don't see him getting an at-large bid this year. But who knows?
This is the SEC not the CAA. They get at least 4 in this year.

not to mention UK, florida and UT all play in the SEC east so if bama can dominate the competition and win the SEC west it would only increase the chances. bama only plays each of those 3 one time, fla and tenn at home, @ken, so they have a chance to rack up some wins vs the rest of the conference, though i suspect they will be more like 6th in the SEC overall with a possible bubble team. dont forget the pac 10 is so down this year they might only get 1 or 2 total teams so those bids go other place, hopefully mid-majors but dont bank on it.

Back