Real Time RPI

Here's RealTimeRPI's VIP view of VCU. It includes the projected RPI as well.

2holg6d.jpg

Excluding a BB that could probably push us up 5-6 more spots. I think we end in the high 20s as far as RPI is concerned this year.

Sometimes said:
Excluding a BB that could probably push us up 5-6 more spots. I think we end in the high 20s as far as RPI is concerned this year.

I think we have to prove we can win on the road consistently before we have any chance at all finishing as high as you predict. Also, real time RPI has VCU losing only one CAA game and that is at ODU the last game of the season. It would be nice, but that isn't going to happen. So far, VCU is 2-2 on the road and very easily could have been 1-3. We have also blown 15+ pont leads in 3 out of our 4 road games. Until the on court discipline of this team improves, we are probably looking at playing .500 on our remaining road games. I can easily see 4 road loses in CAA play from the following games - at Drexel, Hofstra, Georgia State, Northeastern, UNCW, GMU,JMU and ODU.

Wolfpack Ram said:
Sometimes said:

I think we have to prove we can win on the road consistently before we have any chance at all finishing as high as you predict. Also, real time RPI has VCU losing only one CAA game and that is at ODU the last game of the season. It would be nice, but that isn't going to happen. So far, VCU is 2-2 on the road and very easily could have been 1-3. We have also blown 15+ pont leads in 3 out of our 4 road games. Until the on court discipline of this team improves, we are probably looking at playing .500 on our remaining road games. I can easily see 4 road loses in CAA play from the following games - at Drexel, Hofstra, Georgia State, Northeastern, UNCW, GMU,JMU and ODU.

We will have 20 wins before we lose another game.

Son, I'm glad you said it. I think you might be right. That said, we know we will lay an egg somewhere.

This team is going to get really good. And I mean REALLY good.

The blown leads don't worry me. Every team blows leads. But we are 2-2 even blowing the leads. Neither loss was to a bad team. WMU is 79 RPI and plays in a conference where there is only team that might be better. They will do well in conference play and have a chance at winning it all. While I don't think W&M will be at the top in the end, right now they are pretty good. I hate all losses, but you can't discount that we have beat teams we should have beat, beat teams that we should have lost to, and only lost to teams that are pretty good.

Anyone who has seen Santile and Skeen play knows how good we could be. Skeen is the closest thing I've seen to Bernard Hopkins at VCU in a long time. He will shoot 60% in some games because he will become automatic inside. He just has got to get the rust off. And these are not dunks, but will be those nice little speed spins Hopkins did. They look that much alike. Plus, he can step out from the three.

This team might just become scary good.

I'll stop now. Fumes are going to my head....

xjohnx said:
Here's RealTimeRPI's VIP view of VCU. It includes the projected RPI as well.

2holg6d.jpg

If we get 19 wins in a row, and then lose against ODU, I'm gonna be real pissed coming home from Norfolk.

19863_707922884956_25501382_39649952_6146768_n.jpg

UR holding on to 25. We only drop 4 spots with the home win over #148 ECU.

Not a lot of chances to improve our RPI in the next few games, except for @Hofstra, and maybe the @Drexel game:
19863_707923793136_25501382_39649970_7713559_n.jpg

notice that we're in a closely bunched cluster of teams all in the .63 range ...the difference between the team above us at 11th is about the same as the difference between us and the team all the way down at 20th

looking purely at the ranking between teams can be misleading

artRAMinMN said:
notice that we're in a closely bunched cluster of teams all in the .63 range ...the difference between the team above us at 11th is about the same as the difference between us and the team all the way down at 20th

True, but this also means that one game, even by an opponent, could bump us up to 11, or down to 20

Pavarotti said:
artRAMinMN said:

True, but this also means that one game, even by an opponent, could bump us up to 11, or down to 20

that was my point ...it's easy to focus on the order of the rankings, but in the end it's the rating number behind it that's key ... for example, while there's 11 (or so, depending on which listing you look at) spots above us to #1, the same difference in rating below us would land us down close to 60th ...just saying, be ready and understand it if it happens ...it won't necessarily mean the sky is falling

if it wasnt for the bottom 4 (Del, GSU, JMU, and Towson) VCU and the CAA as a whole would be even higher. All 4 of those squads have rpi's 219 or lower and other than Delaware (145) each has a SOS 242 or lower, just pitiful.

what do you think of the idea of eliminating delaware, gsu, towson from our conference, along with hofstra since they seem so determined to get out for other reasons, drop fordham, st. bonnie, lasalle, duquense, and from the a10 and form one solid basketball conference? they do it for football

As of today we are at 13 in the realtimerpi...down 5 spots after beating ECU...this should give you some indication of what beating the bottom of the CAA is going to do to our RPI...God help us if we lose a couple of them. W&M up to #5 after the Maryland win. ODU, with 4 losses, is up to #28.

Very good showing in the RPI headed into all conference play - - still, I'd be surprised if anyone cracks the top 25 when we are done beating up on each other in conference.

chrisbrower said:
what do you think of the idea of eliminating delaware, gsu, towson from our conference, along with hofstra since they seem so determined to get out for other reasons, drop fordham, st. bonnie, lasalle, duquense, and from the a10 and form one solid basketball conference? they do it for football

Isn't that like a 18 team league or something :shock: ?! Woow there :lol:

Is this the start of another realignment thread? If so, please just make one thread and keep it going :mrgreen:

Back