Real Time RPI

We are 21 in the nation with RPI which is impressive with an L to WMICH. Makes you dream of where we could be without 2 Ls

but the one that makes you pick your jaw up off the floor is W&M is 18th in the country.

Well if we use Sagarin it is more realistic.

We are 44th and W&M is 38th

Don't worry, RPI's will be more realistic and adjusted once conference play starts.

Yea....thanks a lot Delaware, Towson, and Georgia State (you have to kind of read it with an overly sarcastic tone)

Half-baked Mcbride said:
Yea....thanks a lot Delaware, Towson, and Georgia State (you have to kind of read it with an overly sarcastic tone)

As long as we take care of business against those teams they are fine with me. If we can finish out the CAA schedule with 3-4 losses then our RPI should be where it needs to be. Right now I am not overly confident about any road games, but I think the team will get it together (on the road) in time.

This is good in a way..we play in a pretty crappy conference so the better our RPI is going into CAA play the better shape we will be in once we take the hits for CAA games

Sometimes said:
Mercury said:
we play in a pretty crappy conference

I hadn't noticed before. :lol:

Yeah me either.
It will be sad to watch our rpi fall as the CAA play begins.

realtimerpi.jpg

Towson should change their nickname to "the Boat Anchors'.

Towson?

Delaware makes the tigers look like Duke

Ramdog said:
Towson?

Towson can be the boat anchor, they keep us standing still, err... floating. Delware is the torpedo in the water sinking our collective conference ship.

VCUbusinessgrad said:
Ramdog said:
Towson?

Towson can be the boat anchor, they keep us standing still, err... floating. Delware is the torpedo in the water sinking our collective conference ship.

Yes but they have football.....that was the overriding reason they were selected for an invite to our conference. And with the addition of football to our conference our conference has skyrocketed into the stratosphere. Before we had football our conference was ranked somewhere around #14. Now that we have football as part of our conference, including a number of national champion football teams, our conference ranking is....um #14.

Never mind.

14 not bad. Let's face it. VCU will have to transcend the Association Affiliation and be like Memphis and Gonzaga. Fact is there are possibly 3 conferences in the nation, not including our present one, which I would say yes to belonging to. ACC, SEC and Big East, and only because of the fact USF is in there and its pretty good for basketball. We're not getting an invite.

Back