recruiting still going on...

We are still recruiting for next season. I confirmed that today with one of the coaches. they are still trying to find a point guard. they know its tough and that there is not a lot out there but they are trying. We are NOT DONE yet for next season. the coaches know the situation. I think at some point we will bring in another player. whether its a juco or a freshman remains to be seen but I don't think the coaches are ready to throw in the towel yet. We might just have to have open tryouts like the mens and womens soccer teams do almost every year :)...with a 30,000 + student body, there has to be a good point guard in Ram land somewhere besides eric maynor !

I hope they're not throwing in the towel. :lol:

I have no doubt we're still searching for another PG. On a side note I can't see VCU doing open try outs for the starting or back up PG position on a three time regular season championship team as well as current CAA champion. Unfortunately like you said there isn't much to report as of now. There is some still out there to explore but I'm not sure if VCU will actually offer any of them a scholarship or if the coaching staff will just hold onto the scholarships.

Good to hear that we are looking for a PG still..we darn sure need one even if he is somewhat of a project. We need somebody

Back