Richmond Kickers Championship

Hey guys anyone else going to see the Richmond Kickers play in the championship Saturday. I have only been to one kickers game in my life but this will seem to be lots of fun.

Re: Richmond Kickers 3:1 Charlotte Eagles

logo.gif

UNITED SOCCER LEAGUE - 2
CHAMPIONS

Such a great win for the club! I know they share my same thoughts when they thank the fans for their support tonight and all season long!

Since they first took the field, we went under the thought of being the "Only Game in Town." Who needs baseball or hockey when there's soccer...and VCU Rams Athletics!

Congrats Kickers!!!

Is their headquarters still in that little building in the Fan by the White Dog?

They moved it a few years ago to the Ukrop's offices on Maywill St behind the Burger King on Broad St.

unitedram said:
They moved it a few years ago to the Ukrop's offices on Maywill St behind the Burger King on Broad St.

What're they going to do when Ukrop's sells out? ;)

Soccer is sweet. Its a shame that all the pro leagues here in the United States produce a bad product. Infact, if RRR really wants to see what a good stadium atmosphere, he should pay attention to the soccer fans in Europe shake stadiums

vcubanana said:
xjohnx said:
vcubanana said:
Ouch, thats Richmond Pro. sports for you.

or that's Soccer for you.
Probably the sum of the two.

Ahh a subject that I can get very heated about. I think it is mostly Richmond sports. With how big the Kickers club is (Pro team, Women's team, youth teams) I really don't think it is soccer. 10 years ago I might say that it is soccer. It amazes me when most times when people say that it is soccer, they don't watch much outside the World Cup.

It is Richmond sports that is at fault here. The Kickers are the only team that is still here in Richmond. They just opened a very nice soccer complex for it's youth teams. Ask the Braves or the Renegades about how Richmond takes it's sports. All I can say is go next season to UR Stadium to a Kickers match. Then we can talk.

Striker joins RailHawks from USL-2 champion Richmond

Delicate arrives in Carolina

Saturday, September 12, 2009

CARY, NC -- The Carolina RailHawks announced that prior to the USL-1 roster freeze, the club acquired 2009 USL-2 Champion and leading goal-scorer Matthew Delicâte on loan from the Richmond Kickers.

With 13 goals and two assists this season, Matt Delicâte has been instrumental in helping the Richmond Kickers capture the 2009 USL-2 championship. His ease in finding the back of the net has garnered him the 2009 USL-2 goal scoring champion title as well as a spot on the 2009 USL-2 All-League First Team.

Delicate returns to the USL First Division after having previously played in the top flight with the Kickers in 2004-05 and with the Rochester Rhinos 2006-08, registering 38 goals and 15 assists during the five-year span.

“When we transferred Aaron King to Miami we felt it would be good to have another player and Matt was available,” said RailHawks coach Martin Rennie. “He just had a great season with Richmond and has experience scoring goals at this level. He will be able to help us in the final stretch and we’re glad to have him.”
car-091209-deli.jpg

A native of Kent, England, Delicâte has proven himself numerous times throughout his career making a difference and earning accolades with every team he has been. Prior to joining the Kickers for the 2009 season he spent three seasons with the Rochester Rhinos where he led the team in points (19) in 2006 and finished second in 2007 with 13 points. Delicâte is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University where he holds career records for goals (44) and points (101).

“He’s big, strong and good in the air but the main thing is he can score goals,” Rennie continued. “He just scored a league leading 13 goals in USL-2 but if you look through his college and professional career you will see that he’s a goal-scorer.”

Delicâte may make his debut Saturday as the RailHawks host the Puerto Rico Islanders in a battle for second place at WakeMed Soccer Park at 7 p.m.

“The USL-2 season ends a little bit earlier and I always thought, in the back of my mind, that I would be able to come and help a USL-1 team with their end of season and playoffs,” said Delicâte. “Hopefully I can come in and score a few goals and help the team get to the championship game.”

Back