RIP Debbie Owens

During Bri's rehab, right at the onset, he put out a desperate plea for a bike to help himself get better. She quickly volunteered her black and gold striker 21 speed. I rode out to her house and grabbed it, it was a long drive- she trekked to every game when yall saw her in there... and went into her garage and there it sat, shiny and waiting. Together we had it at his door about an hour later and he was stunned, she was a generous and Ram fan thru and thru. And sweet as pie, too. I think I'll keep that sweet smile in my mind forever. Ramnation will miss her lovely face, and grace.

Last edited:
I never met her, but she seemed like such a caring and gentle person on line, where leaving that impression can be hard. VCU has lost one of its most fervent supporters and a lovely human being. My condolences to her family and friends, and to the entire VCU community

Last edited:
I never met her, but she seemed like such a caring and gentle person on line, were leaving that impression can be hard. VCU has lost one of its most fervent supporters and a lovely human being. My condolences to her family and friends, and to the entire VCU community
Absolutely, and she was loved by many of the fans & players. I talked to Torey Burston last night after the news broke & he was devastated. Debbie had a lot of Faves, but I know Torey was up there on that list, even if he rarely played... he's just that good of a dude.

Her fight reminded me a lot of Robyn Hobson's (former VCU WBB player, also my profile picture) fight through cancer.

Despite all the trials, tribulations, ups, downs, throughout the entire process... she continued to fight hard, and despite whatever pain she might have been in, she almost always had a smile on her face & was her same sweetheart of a soul..... Just like Robyn.

Oh and she still stood up & booed the refs at every home game., she didn't let that stop her.

VCU & RamNation certainly lost a great one.

Back