Rob Brandenberg- Video highlights

districtballer

Elite Member
Here is a short 15-second segment of Rob's performance at the Hidden Gems tournament in Ohio. His section of highlights spans from 2:34-2:49. He blocks a shot, crosses his man and takes it to the rack for a layup, hits a mid-range jumper and caps it off with a pull-up 3-pointer. Ohio St. commits Jared Sullinger, JD Weatherspoon and Aaron Craft were in this tournament as well as Rob's teammate Stevie Taylor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUjR3aZxtm4&feature=related

He's like a 6' 2" Larry Sanders blocking that shot - - he blocks it halfway up the box on the backboard. Guy has long arms - - Shuler-like length for a guard.

Read somewhere that he has the wingspan of someone 6'7".

What do you think about the competition he played against. Wasn't very impressive to me.

Mistachill said:
What do you think about the competition he played against. Wasn't very impressive to me.

I agree. Seems like the guys he was playing against were not that good. He also had slow release on his jumper and didn't look especially explosive, at least as much as was reported. His length is evident, but he will be in for a shock when he gets to college and sees the speed of the college game. The game speed of the clips was substantially slower than anything he'll see in college. He looked almost lethargic even after he hit the 3.

That said, Shaka knows best and has seen him play numerous times. If he thinks Rob can play and that he's a steal for us, I'll take his word for it.

Back