RTD: Rodriguez looks to return to VCU

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports ... 04/269053/

Guard Joey Rodriguez wants to return to the Virginia Commonwealth University basketball team.
It's unclear, though, whether that will occur. Rodriguez said he is trying to straighten out some issues with Rollins.

VCU's athletic communications office said there is a chance Rodriguez could rejoin the team but some details need to be worked out.
"I missed it," he said. "I never thought I would, but I did. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully, everything works out."

I never like to see "straighten out some issues" mentioned with the NCAA. Usually doesn't end well for the player or school. I really hope this thing works out. Definitely not excited about waiting around for the NCAA to give the thumbs up or down on this one.

Well I mean its not like he took a course at Rollins. Even if he like registered for a summer course there if he never actually took the course there should be no problem. Unless he already made agreement with Rollins basketball team. I would think he would be able to get out of that though.

never a dull moment
VCU basketball needs a reality show :lol:

AP Wire said:
HBO announced on Thursday during a press conference at the Stuart C. Siegel Center that the VCU Rams will be this year's team for the five-week "Hard Knocks: Training Camp" series. The first episode airs at 10 p.m. Nov. 12.

"My dream is to play professional basketball," Rodriguez said.

REALLY????....gotta looooooong way to go for that pal, but good luck to ya!!

Geez. :roll: Rodriguez will certainly have a chance to play for $ somewhere if he completes his 4 years of ball at VCU and continues to improve in the process. It'll be overseas, but it's still professional. I would wonder more how he'll be able to deal with being THAT far from his family rather than whether or not he can actually play overseas.

The haters and ridicule on this board (about one of our own players no less) are starting to make it resemble the zone. Maybe some of you should lay off the guy - - at least 'til this stuff clears up.

sure he did say professional not NBA so there are plenty of leagues out there for him to get some shot, but he still has a significant amount of work to do for that to happen. That said larry also does to be successful in the nba, but that is what practice is for, to improve and then you see where you end up.

"My dream is to play professional basketball," Rodriguez said.

REALLY????....gotta looooooong way to go for that pal, but good luck to ya!!

NBA is not the only "pro" game

Rambunctious said:
Geez. :roll: Rodriguez will certainly have a chance to play for $ somewhere if he completes his 4 years of ball at VCU and continues to improve in the process. It'll be overseas, but it's still professional. I would wonder more how he'll be able to deal with being THAT far from his family rather than whether or not he can actually play overseas.

The haters and ridicule on this board (about one of our own players no less) are starting to make it resemble the zone. Maybe some of you should lay off the guy - - at least 'til this stuff clears up.

Minus the guy with the comment about him playing pro ball..I don't see any haters here. Nothing wrong with some constructive critism on our guys they aren't perfect and deserve to be called out like everybody else does

constructive criticism?

the coaching staff has printoffs of posts from here and the zone that they use in practice? Coaches saying "hey even though we're glad to have you back, and you may well start, annonyRam3000 says you should work on getting into the lane."? I hope not.

It's only constructive if it's used by the criticised party to improve, otherwise it's just the expression of opinions. Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but it isn't necessarily useful or constructive

They might for all I know, but when I say constructive I mean less of he sucks and should not come back and more of if he wants to be the starting PG he needs to work on this and this

OK OK OK, i am a big enough man to know when i made a mistake and implying that he has no shot to play pro basketball might have been a lil much,....BUT although the team need the experience that he brings, I personally believe that his short comings on the offensive end (no pun intended) out weigh his "defensive prowess. The flip flopping irks me, but if he is committed to the program and his teammates, you can bet your ass i will be cheering for him when he hits the pull up three in the 2nd half, and i will ask WTF are you doing when he turns the ball over, just like i did Eric and just like i did Dom!!

Back