RTD: VCU’s Burgess steps up, steps out of role

If you don't wanna buy season tickets don't. While you're at it the Spiders won't give you a discount. Head over there.

vcubanana said:
If you don't wanna buy season tickets don't. While you're at it the Spiders won't give you a discount. Head over there.

This..Stop whining, nobody is forced to buy tickets or be a donor. Either you support the program or you dont.

Re: Shaka: RTD Reader Comments

I don't think that's what he's saying, I just think the person doesn't know what they're talking about. If he/she were really a donor they wouldn't have referred to it as a "licensing fee."

And I don't think its a valid comparison, unless you truely have zero affinity to the university and the athletic program and you're donating solely to get a good season ticket location. You realize donations help support scholarships, right?

VCU4LIFE said:
Mistachill said:
Yeah, they were just as ridiculous and inaccurate as some of the stuff posted in this forum. I'm starting to wonder if they are phonies posing as VCU fans. When did we start charging "licensing fees" for tickets?

They are equating the Donor program (Donate X amount of money to get season tickets in certain sections) to professional teams and seat liscences. Valid comparison.

Re: Shaka: RTD Reader Comments

Pavarotti said:
VCU4LIFE said:
Mistachill said:
Yeah, they were just as ridiculous and inaccurate as some of the stuff posted in this forum. I'm starting to wonder if they are phonies posing as VCU fans. When did we start charging "licensing fees" for tickets?

They are equating the Donor program (Donate X amount of money to get season tickets in certain sections) to professional teams and seat liscences. Valid comparison.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this how it is for every self-respecting athletics program ?

Oh absolutely, wasn't going there....just stating the facts. No problem with it on the professional or collegiate level!

goramsgo said:
vcubanana said:

This..Stop whining, nobody is forced to buy tickets or be a donor. Either you support the program or you dont.

Wow, chill thyselves!!! Nobody was whining, except for whoever wrote what Chill quoted.....and if it was in the RTD article, then they already ARE UR fans!!!

Back