Ryan Odom officially named VCU head coach

So RE the portal and tomorrow
  • Kids can still transfer but they don’t get the immediate first time transfer waiver.
  • Unsigned kids already in the portal still get the 1 time transfer even if they don’t sign somewhere until later this year
  • Kids that declared for the NBA still have a few weeks to withdraw.
    • If they also enter the portal before the cutoff tomorrow, they get the 1 time transfer exception at which ever school they land
    • If they don’t enter the transfer portal, they sit 1 if the don’t return to their original school
I haven’t looked this up since last year but this is what I remember

Was great to have Theus on for the final 20 minutes of the show. I hope he got to treat himself to some steak and seafood after the show. Enjoyed Odom's discussion of recruiting overseas

So looking at it quickly his 6 year contract goes up 100,000 each year and the buyout for him is $1,000,000 before March 25 going down $200,000 each year after that.
And he'll still need out help knowing when to call a time out

I am surprised reading vcuramnation for tips was not listed under the Coaching duties in the contract. I guess that is just an unwritten rule or they don't want other schools finding out about all the great knowledge here.
Bradford is the Senior Assistant Checking RN To See What DL Says Coach

So looking at it quickly his 6 year contract goes up 100,000 each year and the buyout for him is $1,000,000 before March 25 going down $200,000 each year after that.
I believe It was a $1 mill buyout for the first 2 years (23'-25') , then is drops by $200K each year after that.

What I don't get, if you look at the very last page, it is dated 5/4/2023 (May 4, 2023).\

Also didn't realize summer camps are not paid for by the University and aren't University sanctioned events. The Coach has to pay for it and when he does the camp, he's not functioning as an employee of the University nor paid for such duties. I wonder how that works with the assistant coaches....probably the same. And I guess he can use his own VCU staff to setup/schedule/coordinate the non VCU associated camp...LOL

Or perhaps that is just how it is worded in legaleze so that the university itself is not libel for anything that might happen. But, basically the university sets it all up if the coach requests to have a summer camp.

Last edited:
Back