Saintil's Absence

The "Ice Cream Man" didnt play a minute in today's game.

Coach Smart indicated in the postgame interview with Ellis that it was disciplinary and had nothing to do with his thumb.

Shaka said that he didnt play because "the team comes first... above any individual". He went on to say that Terrence is going to have to learn that playing on this team is a privilege and not a right.

Ellis: "Terrence has got to grow up, period. Plain and simple, he's just got to grow up. He gave away his minutes tonight"

Hmm...

wow, those are some serious comments. have to wonder if it keeps up if either or both sides will just have enough and he will end up transferring out.

Smart seems like a players' coach. I don't think he'll be leaving. If you can't play for a 1st year players' coach, you can't play for anyone.

mwalvlior said:
wow, those are some serious comments. have to wonder if it keeps up if either or both sides will just have enough and he will end up transferring out.

Serious comments indeed. Neither Shaka nor Ellis minced any words, and in fact Mike was pretty emphatic in his comments.

T has been very redemptive and understands that he has made mistakes. Everything will be okay.

Hopefully T will tighten up. He just spent almost two months on the bench with an injury and now he misses a game because of his behavior. If he wants to play D-1 basketball this is the place to do it. I wonder what went down. Seems some what serious based on Coaches comments, but hopefully he was just sending a message to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
Seems some what serious based on Coaches comments, but hopefully he was just sending a message to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

The second one.

The Rams need him, but he needs to understand that he probably needs the Rams more. We've got Jamie back now, and as and much as it'd be nice to have Terrence as well...if he doesnt earn his scholarship, he doesnt have a right to play, as Shaka alluded to.

I heard he punched a midget in the face in the frozen dairy aisle

darn, I guess we found out what T would do for a Kolndike bar

Redemptive? Understands that he made mistakes? Not serious, but coach just sending message? Where are you getting this info from? Did you see the other posts regarding his Twitter comments? If you know something we do not, would you be so kind as to share it? Did you talk to Terrance right after the game or something?

Personally, I love what he brings, and I hope this is not serious. We need him, and he could make this team nasty, with all the (quality) depth in both the front-court, and the back-court.

Mercury said:
I heard he punched a midget in the face in the frozen dairy aisle

darn, I guess we found out what T would do for a Kolndike bar

Have you been facebook stalking again? :twisted:

While I have no idea what T did, I can understand his plight somewhat. He is young and seems to have a lot of talent. I put a lot of trust in our former coach and probably felt let down. He was also probably frustrated with his lack of playing time last year. Then a new coach comes along and he has another change but then gets injured. His first game back....and his first few minutes of that he basically turns the game around with his play. He ends up feeling really good about what he did/how he played and then celebrates a bit too much (by some method - not hard in practice, missing a practice, partying, or just about anything) thinking he has proved himself.

He just has to learn that he has to continue to prove himself by proving that he is part of a team...meaning he must work completely with his team. I'm sure the coaches will talk and work with him as they see his potential. T will come along. He just has to man up. I have faith he will.

No problems...just a bump in the road.

BradRamFan said:
While I have no idea what T did, I can understand his plight somewhat. He is young and seems to have a lot of talent. I put a lot of trust in our former coach and probably felt let down. He was also probably frustrated with his lack of playing time last year. Then a new coach comes along and he has another change but then gets injured. His first game back....and his first few minutes of that he basically turns the game around with his play. He ends up feeling really good about what he did/how he played and then celebrates a bit too much (by some method - not hard in practice, missing a practice, partying, or just about anything) thinking he has proved himself.

He just has to learn that he has to continue to prove himself by proving that he is part of a team...meaning he must work completely with his team. I'm sure the coaches will talk and work with him as they see his potential. T will come along. He just has to man up. I have faith he will.

No problems...just a bump in the road.

Who knows what happened with T, but hopefully all of the players are going into practice each day like they have proved nothing and that nothing is guaranteed. Just because you "breakout" in one game that doesn't mean that you can slack up in practice the next week. I am not saying that they have, just that with this depth everyone needs to continue working hard and earning every min possible in practice. Teams with depth sometimes have trouble getting everyone mins and keeping everyone happy, but it also means that we have two nearly complete 7 man teams practicing against each other and pushing each other to be better every day.

Back