Seating Chart

Ram it home said:
theyaintwantit said:
it will mostlikely be 18L for club level. i have gone to every game for the 2007, 2008, and 2009 CAA Tournament and all 3 years i sat in 18L, about half-way up. the seats in the club level are very comfortable and u get a good view

You ever think that every year you went we were in 1st place??? Things might be different this time.

Well, Club are only sections 16-17-18L, so you will between the free-throw lines no matter where they are. :D

All lower bowl seats are allocated to the schools and then sponsors...

All Ticketmaster seats are upper level.

Ticket allocations are based on standings week of Bracket Busters.

All teams are given the chance to buy as many seats as they want before the deadline. Any remaining seats not taken after the deadline are put back into a pool and then allocated to any team that wants more.
Any remaining still are then offered to sponsors as additional tickets allotments. If there are still some left then ticketmaster could get them.

Tickets that are ordered by the schools before the deadline are lower bowl. Tickets after the deadline, if there are any may not be lower bowl.

Club seats are handled the same way. Some schools do not order any of these.

No school gets more reserved seat allotments than any other school. It is up to the schools to request the number of tickets before the deadline they think they can sell. If you school does not order enough it is because they do not think they can sell them and people did not indicate a demand early enough.
VCU says give us as many as we can get before the deadline. Other schools only order the minimum not matter what, while others wait too long and only try to get extras after the deadline when often it is too late.
There is really no small limit on how many they can order before the deadline within reason. Now VCU could not go and order 6,000 because a certain number are guaranteed to sponsors. All other schools would have to say we do not want any to get a ridiculous number.

If fans want to make things better for their ticket allotment then fans must make their intentions known to their ticket office beginning in late January so they know there is the interest before the deadlines and let them know there is a demand for ordering more.

Oh, and ask XJOHNX for his autograph since he is on the session 4 ticket... :D

They did the seating assignments too soon - so much has changed just in the past two days.

i love the huge block of ODU in the rafters because they ordered tickets late!!!!!

ShoeSh1ne said:
They did the seating assignments too soon - so much has changed just in the past two days.

No they were not...they used to wait until the end of the season but it was a nightmare to be able to allocate, organize, mail out to the schools and then for schools to also get them out to their fans...people did not get their tickets in time...remember other people have to travel...

this system works best...

In a situation in which seedings can change a lot during the last few games, they could just have the tickets at the coliseum and have a booth for each school set up.

It is not that simple...much more involved behind the scenes...they all hated it done that way and most complained.

JeffC said:
Oh, and ask XJOHNX for his autograph since he is on the session 4 ticket... :D

dude, send me a pic of it!

Just called the ticket office, they will not let you pick up your tickets. They are only going to mail them. UGH!

I was at VCU this morning and was told the CAA tickets were mailed this morning.

Back