Seating Chart

so i have noticed the joke seating chart on the zone but has anyone seen a official seating chart for the tournament? or know when to expect one?

ramtastic83 said:
so i have noticed the joke seating chart on the zone but has anyone seen a official seating chart for the tournament? or know when to expect one?

Word is that it won't be out until after Bracketbuster weekend (Monday) for the general public...

...but for "real" fans such as yourself, you can pick up a copy along with your free Papa John's pizza tonight

Not in a corner with club seats! ;)

No wonder the rest of the CAA calls our fans spoiled :roll:

4RunningRam said:
xjohnx said:

Wow, how'd you pull that off? You must donate a lot...?

Donors get preferntial treatment on the club level seats. It is a reward for coming out of pocket to support VCU.
Relative to what you get, the amount you need to give is not much especially compared to other schools, especially those with football teams...
Not enough fans give to the program IMO. Any benefits given those 700 or so fans is deserved....
Hate to say it but it is how it works.

major ram said:
4RunningRam said:
xjohnx said:

Wow, how'd you pull that off? You must donate a lot...?

Donors get preferntial treatment on the club level seats. It is a reward for coming out of pocket to support VCU.
Relative to what you get, the amount you need to give is not much especially compared to other schools, especially those with football teams...
Not enough fans give to the program IMO. Any benefits given those 700 or so fans is deserved....
Hate to say it but it is how it works.

No, I know. I was kidding with XJohnX. But you're right, not enough folks who are involved give as they could/should. There are a lot of folks who piggyback on connections, etc but never come out of pocket on their own volition.

We agree here, Major Ram. If football is ever a dream of the athletic program to be realized, imagine how much more we'd need. We're not even in the top tier of our league in giving, as is.

4RunningRam said:
No, I know. I was kidding with XJohnX. But you're right, not enough folks who are involved give as they could/should. There are a lot of folks who piggyback on connections, etc but never come out of pocket on their own volition.

We agree here, Major Ram. If football is ever a dream of the athletic program to be realized, imagine how much more we'd need. We're not even in the top tier of our league in giving, as is.

Maybe some new incentives could help recruit new RAF members? For example, maybe instead of the difference between $500+ and $1000+ donor levels being basically a media guide and a parking pass (correct?) add some more incentives. Maybe have discount incentives? Say you give $500-999, then you get 5% off of VCU gear at the bookstore. If you give $1000+, you get 10% off of VCU gear at the bookstore. These are just thoughts, not sure if they are practical or not but you would think so, right? Or maybe just throw in some of that gear with the different levels. It would not only give people something for giving, but it would also encourage people to wear black and gold to games. I'm sure a lot of the older donors don't always have something VCU to wear to the game. I'd like to see more people give to the AD as well, but there is only so much you can do. Some people want to receive something in return.

morrisar said:
4RunningRam said:

Maybe some new incentives could help recruit new RAF members? For example, maybe instead of the difference between $500+ and $1000+ donor levels being basically a media guide and a parking pass (correct?) add some more incentives. Maybe have discount incentives? Say you give $500-999, then you get 5% off of VCU gear at the bookstore. If you give $1000+, you get 10% off of VCU gear at the bookstore. These are just thoughts, not sure if they are practical or not but you would think so, right? Or maybe just throw in some of that gear with the different levels. It would not only give people something for giving, but it would also encourage people to wear black and gold to games. I'm sure a lot of the older donors don't always have something VCU to wear to the game. I'd like to see more people give to the AD as well, but there is only so much you can do. Some people want to receive something in return.

Some very good points here. Right now, for what is given by donors at say...the $500-$1,000 level...the return, as far as incentives/perks, is nowhere near of equal value.

4RunningRam said:
Some very good points here. Right now, for what is given by donors at say...the $500-$1,000 level...the return, as far as incentives/perks, is nowhere near of equal value.

I mean, I give what I can. I was just throwing out ideas to maybe encourage more people to donate. Once I win the lottery one of these days, I will become a Battering Ram (?). And you can quote me on that!

morrisar said:
4RunningRam said:

I mean, I give what I can. I was just throwing out ideas to maybe encourage more people to donate. Once I win the lottery one of these days, I will become a Battering Ram (?). And you can quote me on that!

I think those are all great ideas, Morrisar. The athletic dept works for us (donors), and we as fans give what we can but are certainly enticed to give more based on incentives that they offer... similar to ones you just outlined.

I thinks things like replica jerseys that the 6th man program offers, bookstore rewards/discounts, would be a good start.

Something else to consider is that there's almost no incentive to increase one's donation from $500 to $1,000.00. For that extra 500 hundred, you get a parking decal, valid at only the Bowe St deck..and that's it.

morrisar said:
I'd like to see more people give to the AD as well, but there is only so much you can do. Some people want to receive something in return.

I thought the idea of giving was just that, GIVING. Anything I get in return is just fluff.

And please don't tell the IRS that we give just to get something back! :shock:

4RunningRam said:
Something else to consider is that there's almost no incentive to increase one's donation from $500 to $1,000.00. For that extra 500 hundred, you get a parking decal, valid at only the Bowe St deck..and that's it.

Better seats first call for tournament tickets etc

even though i am older, heck a tee shirt once a year for the $500+ doors. In some regards you have to make it a tougher ticker to get. If you (or a corpoation, I think) give like $10k then you get 8 passes to the Founders room...8 is alot of tickers...$10k is alot of money. Maybe reduce it for Corporations ....
There is some talk of combining the Founders Room and the Commonwealth Rooms. Doubt that will happen

Back