Shaka to add TWO players?

if joey is back there are no scholarships to offer so i doubt we are adding anyone except a transfer for next year or 2010 recruits if any announcement comes.

unless another schollie becomes available....remember what MistaChill says...the key word "fluid"

mwalvlior said:
if joey is back there are no scholarships to offer so i doubt we are adding anyone except a transfer for next year or 2010 recruits if any announcement comes.

There will be another scholarship available.

xjohnx said:
mwalvlior said:

I'm guessing somebody is jumping ship..unless Joey came back on as a walk-on. Or if they will do what they did with Skeen

Mercury said:
xjohnx said:
mwalvlior said:

I'm guessing somebody is jumping ship..unless Joey came back on as a walk-on. Or if they will do what they did with Skeen

NO NO NO, That means whoever is leaving is somebody better than Joey, to me Nixon or Saintil are more valuable than Joey.

i agree. especially on saintil. there is more of a glut at the 2 so that would seem to make nixon more "expendable" but the problem is Joey doesnt defend as well and while he does shoot significantly better he cannot create his own shot or a shot for others so for his size he does not do what we need from the point so nixon possesses more value in the full court press type style even if he cant score.

well since TJ and Franck both got their degrees, that could make them candidates for departure too

and when it was said that the player leaving wasn't a starter, does that mean wasn't a starter last season, or wouldn't have been one in the coming season?

artRAMinMN said:
and when it was said that the player leaving wasn't a starter, does that mean wasn't a starter last season, or wouldn't have been one in the coming season?

Both.

i dont think it takes a stretch to know that already because the starting lineup isnt going to change a whole lot other than Eric not being there. I dont think Joey will start but i figure theus or another recruit will be the point and gavin the 2 while the front line remains the same.

mwalvlior said:
i dont think it takes a stretch to know that already because the starting lineup isnt going to change a whole lot other than Eric not being there. I dont think Joey will start but i figure theus or another recruit will be the point and gavin the 2 while the front line remains the same.

Joey will be the starting PG. He's the only true PG on the squad. You don't start a Freshman combo guard over a true PG with two years of D1 experience.

Joey will be the starting PG. He's the only true PG on the squad. You don't start a Freshman combo guard over a true PG with two years of D1 experience.

Yeah, you'd never start Eric Maynor as a frosh over Alexander Harper (a senior)............no way.

And you'd never start combo guard Dom Jones (a frosh) over Lamar Taylor (a senior)...........not a chance.

And look how much BA Walker struggled at the point his freshman year when he took over.

Freshmen should never start over juniors/seniors; everyone knows that; especially 6'3" freshmen starting instead of 5'9" juniors. No way!

;)

Back