Shaka to add TWO players?

Best player should start, never seen the frosh play but I do remember whenever Joey was in the game by himself he always seemed to defer to Brandon and let him run the point. I think Joey might just be as much of a Combo guy as anybody

were those all day one freshman starts or was it transitioned in? I wanna say they were all transitions. I see joey being the starter on Day 1, with the minutes becoming more and more equal until a switch it made.

B.A. was the only one to officially start the majority of the games as a freshman, but the only reason maynor wasnt starting was because we had dom to run the team when maynor was a freshman so the transition could happen more slowly.

mwalvlior said:
B.A. was the only one to officially start the majority of the games as a freshman, but the only reason maynor wasnt starting was because we had dom to run the team when maynor was a freshman so the transition could happen more slowly.

Dom wasn't on the same team as Maynor. He was behind Alex Harper.

Dom was gone during Maynors senior year. Alex Harper was the senior PG that year.

Yeah, I think we're in for a rude awakening if Joey tries to run the point...............Tommy Mason-Griffin, Kevin Anderson, Cam Long, Chaisson Allen, etc. It'll be ugly, like when Eric was resting in the 2nd half of the CAA final and we could barely get the ball over half court...............or when UCLA guards toyed with him when he was handling it.

So many obstacles to overcome at that height...........and without other skill sets that offset height (ridonkulous hops, superior handle, blazing speed/quicks, deadly pull-up, master finisher in traffic, high release on his shot). He has none of those............

After facing Eric all these years, our competition will be licking their collective chops if we throw J-Rod to the wolves.

By the way, Eric was better than Alex on Day One. Dom better than Lamar on Day One. BA better than Alex on Day One..............regardless of how they were utilized. It was painfully obvious to most astute observers.

mwalvlior said:
did i miss where joey proved he was a true pg capable of running a D1 team?

why doesnt anyone else see this????
dont get me wrong, i love me some joey, and i love joeys dad, but i dont love joeys height and truly believe it will surface as a issue this year

Joey is not a natural PG, to quote Mike Ellis, he is not a creator, he is a finisher. The ucla game and the 2nd half of the caa title game proved that.

Let' not forget, other than Joey, there is likely another junior in the mix at PG - B-Rozz. With a new coaching staff at the helm, our 2 transfers, and 2 or more fresh recruits, I am sure every starting spot needs to be earned (well, maybe not Larry's). Coach Smart will start the best man at each position, and as the season develops starters will change - fact of life. I for one am glad to have Joey's experience, energy, and leadership back in the fold. Now let me go back and see those pics of Joey on Blake Griffin from last year's game, just for hits and gigggles...

This is not a JOEY thread. :roll: let's get back to the topic....anyone have an idea of who the two player are going to be....it's the 20th.

well it appears there are three options.

1. 1 player to replace whomever is leaving plus joey would be "two"
2. 2 players outside of joey which could mean 1 recruit this year and a transfer or recruit for next year.
3. there would have been 2 new players for next year but now joey is taking one of their spots.

And the hints from the people who position themselves to have some sort of "inside knowledge" lends it to be that at least 1 of the players will be a PG for this year.

NickGeorge21VCU said:
Nothing has to be done by today you realize, it could be announced at a later time.
yes that is understood but the "claim" was made it was to be on the 20th so i believe that is why people are asking.

It is my understanding that the signing has to happen by today (20th) or VCU can't announce any future signings this summer until the kid is enrolled at VCU. So, if it doesn't happen today, you won't hear anything from VCU until the kid is in school at VCU.

That doesn't mean you won't hear it from other media sources though.

Back