So....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And upon further review, following Dana Kirk who went 20-5 the season before, what was JD's record after 18 games? 10-8 (5-4 conference). By the way, he ended up in the NCAAs that season and led us to 24-5 the next year. Capel, following a 21-11 season which we played in the CAA title game, was 11-7 (6-4 conference) after 18 games in his first year. I think he turned out OK.

Speaking of Duke, weren't they ready to run Coach K out of town after his first few years?

VRam said:
BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
So...to blame Coach Smart and his staff is preposterous. We all knew we would have a hiccup or two along the way. I'm not worried. I still feel confident in this team's ability to get 'er done. Always have, always will.

13-5 and 49 in the RPI for a first year head coach really sucks, doesn't it Bang? Man, JD shoulda been run outta town his first year (and some wanted that at the time). He was 18-12 (15-11 regular season) and it wasn't even his first gig. Of course, we did end up winning a championship and going to the NCAA Tournament that season. Good thing we didn't give up mid-season that year. He and VCU weren't gettin' her done.

Same with Dana Kirk, what was he, 13-13 his first year? Of course, his last two years he was 45-9.

Mistachill said:
And upon further review, following Dana Kirk who went 20-5 the season before, what was JD's record after 18 games? 10-8 (5-4 conference). By the way, he ended up in the NCAAs that season and led us to 24-5 the next year. Capel, following a 21-11 season which we played in the CAA title game, was 11-7 (6-4 conference) after 18 games in his first year. I think he turned out OK.

Could you imagine some of these guys going through the 1986 to 1994 period?

VCU4LIFE said:
Sometimes said:
Did that last loss finally scare away all of the Maynor-era bandwagon fans? Is it safe for me to come out now?

Quick question for you.....what season did you first start to buy season tickets? What season did you start posting on the Zone?

ZING! :shock:

morrisar said:
VCU4LIFE said:
Sometimes said:
Did that last loss finally scare away all of the Maynor-era bandwagon fans? Is it safe for me to come out now?

Quick question for you.....what season did you first start to buy season tickets? What season did you start posting on the Zone?

ZING! :shock:

And this response is coming from the guy who lives barely an hour away by car and can't make it to games? REALLY?

VCU4LIFE already got a PM from me with all the details like an hour ago. Not sure how it was relevant to the current discussion, so I was trying to keep the thread clean.

Everyone else, ignore the moron. Carry on.

Sometimes said:
And this response is coming from the guy who lives barely an hour away by car and can't make it to games? REALLY?

VCU4LIFE already got a PM from me with all the details like an hour ago. Not sure how it was relevant to the current discussion, so I was trying to keep the thread clean.

Everyone else, ignore the moron. Carry on.

Barely an hour away? Why don't you try driving from Virginia Beach during the week to Richmond during rush hour and see if it takes you an hour... oh wait, you ride a bicycle! :oops:

morrisar said:
Barely an hour away? Why don't you try driving from Virginia Beach during the week to Richmond during rush hour and see if it takes you an hour... oh wait, you ride a bicycle! :oops:

I did that every day for several months! You better know where I used to work before you make assumptions, son!

Sometimes said:
I did that every day for several months! You better know where I used to work before you make assumptions, son!

Then you should know there's no way you can make that drive in an hour...

I apologize to all of the polite posters for all of this. I tried to take it to PM so that the thread could stay on topic, but this moron here doesn't understand that concept. I'm not responding here anymore. Everyone else please carry on.

Will a mod delete all of this nonsense?

morrisar said:
Then you should know there's no way you can make that drive in an hour...

Not if you're an underachiever.

For reference I had a flight land at RIC 90 minutes before the tipoff of the hampton game earlier this year.

I was in my car and at the hampton arena in 45 minutes flat. It's not a bad drive at all if you know where you're going, and your GPS diverts you around the slow parts of traffic.

Banana can confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back