So....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that last loss finally scare away all of the Maynor-era bandwagon fans? Is it safe for me to come out now?

Most people are upset because they care..not because they are jumping off the wagon.

Mercury said:
Most people are upset because they care..not because they are jumping off the wagon.

Agreed. This echoes my sentiments perfectly. Better to have passion than to be indifferent.

I hope they stay because they buy tickets and bring in more revenue. As for ur elitest attitude that can stay away.

Fans are all different.

Some take on the Razor persona - the sky is falling, our players are soft, our coach sucks.

Some take on the Heywood persona - they disappear until the next game (but only if we win that game)

Some take on the "fill in the blank" persona - It's expected. We are in a rebuilding year with the loss of our best player and a new coach.

Some take on the road-game persona - we just suck on the road....good thing the tournament is at home in Richmond.

Some have a thoughtfull persona - The team is still finding itself and we will be ready come March.

Some have the dreadful persona - This is the downward spiral we were bound to head for. At least we can take solice in that we know what to look forward too....just look at JMU and UNCW and Towson for reference.

^ So True.

Also need to add the "man up" camp. Those who accept losses as an inevitable part of CAA/Midmajor/College basketball and move on with their lives until the next game. :)

BradRamFan said:
Fans are all different.

Some take on the Razor persona - the sky is falling, our players are soft, our coach sucks.

Some take on the Heywood persona - they disappear until the next game (but only if we win that game)

Some take on the "fill in the blank" persona - It's expected. We are in a rebuilding year with the loss of our best player and a new coach.

Some take on the road-game persona - we just suck on the road....good thing the tournament is at home in Richmond.

Some have a thoughtfull persona - The team is still finding itself and we will be ready come March.

Some have the dreadful persona - This is the downward spiral we were bound to head for. At least we can take solice in that we know what to look forward too....just look at JMU and UNCW and Towson for reference.

Certainly true. Everyone sees things through their own lenses. Hopefully, we all have the same goal..which is to see our basketball program better than it's ever been. That, I'd like to think, everyone can agree on.

That said, I'd add the "head buried in the sand" crowd to that list as well. Lots of those folks.

Certainly true. Everyone sees things through their own lenses. Hopefully, we all have the same goal..which is to see our basketball program, better than it's ever been. That, I'd like to think, everyone can agree on.

were you BCMRam on the other board, by chance?

I'm fine with everyone except this group of so-called fans who seem to lay in the weeds and can't wait to trash our coach the first opportunity that comes along. They are the "head stuck in the sand" crowd, just from a different perspective.

They think VCU is suppose to have the best team EVERY year, any down years are unacceptable, and all loses are due to our new head coach. They think the machine is just suppose to keep rolling no matter what and bumps in the road are not tolerated. They think we're the mid-major version of North Carolina because they've only followed VCU hoops for about 6 years or less.

I have no problem with objective criticism. It's the emotional criticism with little validity that annoy me.

Mistachill said:
I'm fine with everyone except this group of so-called fans who seem to lay in the weeds and can't wait to trash our coach the first opportunity that comes along. They are the "head stuck in the sand" crowd, just from a different perspective.

They think VCU is suppose to have the best team EVERY year, any down years are unacceptable, and all loses are due to our new head coach. They think the machine is just suppose to keep rolling no matter what and bumps in the road are not tolerated. They think we're the mid-major version of North Carolina because they've only followed VCU hoops for about 6 years or less.

I have no problem with objective criticism. It's the emotional criticism with little validity that annoy me.

Mistachill you are the man. Everyone thinks that VCU is an unstoppable force after they made the NCAA Tournament in 2004, 2007, and 2009 and the NIT in 2005 and 2008. We are a "mid-major." Yes we are a good team, yes we have talent, but at the same time why can't any other team in the CAA be better than us? Some fans are just so ignorant that they cannot look from a different prespective.

theyaintwantit said:
Mistachill said:

Mistachill you are the man. Everyone thinks that VCU is an unstoppable force after they made the NCAA Tournament in 2004, 2007, and 2009 and the NIT in 2005 and 2008. We are a "mid-major." Yes we are a good team, yes we have talent, but at the same time why can't any other team in the CAA be better than us? Some fans are just so ignorant that they cannot look from a different prespective.

I couldn't agree with you two guys more. We have a great program, but no school is entitled to any thing. Since you did mention UNC think about how they are doing this year. They are coming off of a National championship. I doubt if any of them are calling for Roy Williams head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back