Sullivan Fired

After their performance as of late, especially this season, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. I would love to see a good young coach to come in. We've played a slow game and I think that is what killed us. Watching the players we have, they want a fast paced, in your face kind of game.

I'm available if VCU is looking!

I know he probably sees himself going elsewhere pro (which I think he mentioned recently) but I think a guy like Tom Soehn (former DC United head coach) would be a good pick up. He has the pro experience plus he knows how to prepare players that intend to enter the MLS SuperDraft.

2 other names that I would watch out for (to keep it local) is Mike Burke and Ronnie Pascale. Both play for the Kickers (along with a bunch of VCU players) and they are probably reaching the end of their time playing. I know that both have been coach youth teams (Pascale being a former VCU Goalkeeping Coach).

I'm very curious to see where VCU goes with this one. Like I said before, I would love to see VCU bring in someone who wants to press. It's very risky, but if done right makes for very good matches.

You can throw your hat in the ring they are taking applications online lol... man cant we find people through a villa 7 for soccer coaches instead of taking apps over the net?

I might be wrong, but I believe all positions at a public school must be open to applications.

I have faith in the AD to bring in a good replacement. Many coaches can use the colleges to springboard them to MLS (unless you are GMU then you get an MLS reject of a coach). Akron's head coach Caleb Porter is being looked at as the next coach for DC United. With the AD having the ability to bring in 2 former USWNT players for the Women's Soccer staff, I think they could pull off something bigger. I'm just curious to see when they are planning on announcing a new coach.

so why not just move one of the co-coaches from the women's side to the men's team.

unitedram said:
I have faith in the AD to bring in a good replacement. Many coaches can use the colleges to springboard them to MLS (unless you are GMU then you get an MLS reject of a coach). Akron's head coach Caleb Porter is being looked at as the next coach for DC United. With the AD having the ability to bring in 2 former USWNT players for the Women's Soccer staff, I think they could pull off something bigger. I'm just curious to see when they are planning on announcing a new coach.

I'm sure this is an option but I see the AD going after a big name coach.
milanbear said:
so why not just move one of the co-coaches from the women's side to the men's team.

unitedram said:

Back