Thanks Coach Larranaga!

Mistachill

Elite Member
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtbasketball/wb/207856

Tech has not yet announced the hiring of Courtney. But Courtney informed his good friend and former boss, George Mason coach Jim Larranaga.

"His career was on the rise. It took a little downturn when the Virginia thing did not work," Larranaga said Tuesday.

"Going from VCU to Virginia Tech is consistent with the direction his career was going in.

Going from a NCAA team to an NIT team.

Larranaga -- who recommended Courtney to Greenberg -- said Courtney was "instrumental" in recruiting the players who led the Patriots to the 2006 Final Four.

Coach L, Way to give us extra motivation to kick your a** next season . I love he said VCU to Tech. He acts like Courtney actually did something here. I mean two months and then jumps. He might as well just gone from UVA to Tech.

COACH L ...YOU DIRTY DOG :evil: Well all I can say is Mason is going to need all the help they can get ....even if Coach heck tries to undermine us. We will se you on game day....YOU DIRTY DOG :evil: :evil: :twisted:

He needs all the help he can get I don't blame Larranaga

I'm sure Coach L didn't mean anything by it. It was probably all the percocet from his recent hip replacement talking.

"Going from VCU to Virginia Tech is consistent with the direction his career was going in.

Well now... that is a little slam to his own program since we routinely kick their ass and most recently completely embarrassed them on National TV...I guess if he was moving from gmu to vatech it would classified as “Meteoritic”

Glad he's gone. A lot of those GMU recruits turned out to be stiffs.

Coach L has always been a good representative of the CAA especially back when they made their NCAA run. In my book he has built up a ton of goodwill. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and a pass on this one.

I won't. What kind of message does it say to the team? Money? ACC? I say crap. Dissin VCU like that. I just hope he's a total nincampoop and the AD made the right hire with HBC.

Who wants to go fishin'?

Two Twitter's from Coach L today...

MasonCoachLGlad to see Bill Courtney back in the ACC @ Va.Tech with my good friend Seth Greenberg & former Mason asst. James Johnson. Great staff.

MasonCoachLHaving BC @ Tech is a lot better than having him @ VCU. Bill is one of the time recruiters/coaches in the country - assistant or head.

I respect Coach L and his past sucess.
And I can see where he's coming from with those comments or tweets.
This is not a big deal, respectful competition is good.
71-50 :D makes this is easier to say :D

In spite of what Ramification said in a different thread about not being impressed with him thus far, based on past history and his rep I think Courtney would've been a signficant asset to the coaching staff. I definitely don't subscribe to the mindset that everyone is great when they're here and sucks when they decide to leave (though I don't respect leaving after less than two months on the job).

Mistachill said:
In spite of what Ramification said in a different thread about not being impressed with him thus far, based on past history and his rep I think Courtney would've been a signficant asset to the coaching staff. I definitely don't subscribe to the mindset that everyone is great when they're here and sucks when they decide to leave (though I don't respect leaving after less than two months on the job).

He would have been a great asset to the program no doubt

Back