The best VCU player on the court tonight was...

VCUBeatsduke

Elite Member
And I am so happy to say this (IMHO) was....Ed Nixon. Just the total deal tonight. Congrats Ed- you deserve the applause! Terrific job! That last 3 pointer was sick!!! :D

Larry was a very close 2nd - we all were very thankful Larry only had a cramp...that was very scary.

Congrats to the team - nice effort tonight - I like what TJ said on the post game interview...play with the chip...keep feeling it.

VCUBeatsduke

If Ed has really turned the corner, and didn't just have a single lucky game, watch out.

Best defender on the team... one of the quickest guys on the floor... showing great range and percentage with the 3... can slash to the basket... consistently plays with tons of heart... finally getting a true grasp on his game his Junior year...

Didn't we have a guy like that recently? Might be playing in Germany now...

Sometimes said:
If Ed has really turned the corner, and didn't just have a single lucky game, watch out.

Best defender on the team... one of the quickest guys on the floor... showing great range and percentage with the 3... can slash to the basket... consistently plays with tons of heart... finally getting a true grasp on his game his Junior year...

I've seen a few of our guys play in Germany, I need some more hints.

Jwetzel said:
Sometimes said:

I've seen a few of our guys play in Germany, I need some more hints.

my guess says he is referring to Shu since that is what Shu was until his 3rd year.

Ed was on target tonight. Let's hope it's the beginning of something great.

I just saw the stats on the VCU site...VCU bench 31 points...the Wolfpack 4...ouch.

VCU is very deep...and about to get deeper. Saintil was NOT wearing a cast tonight...and Skeen is very close to being eligible. I saw him dribbling on the bench before the game. I was impressed with that!

VCUBeatsduke

Ed is our best 3 pt shooter statistically. He's 7 of 15 for 47%. That one handed dunk was nasty. He's averaging 9.3 ppg now I think.

VCUBeatsduke said:
VCU is very deep...and about to get deeper. Saintil was NOT wearing a cast tonight...and Skeen is very close to being eligible.

Ding ding ding ding ding! I'm very happy to take my lumps and cop to being wrong in pre-season about Jamie not making the cut eligibility wise. He really turned things around and looks to majorly excel on the court as well. I can't wait to see him out there banging around down low AND hitting shots. It will really allow Larry to practice his 3-ball :lol: :lol: :lol:

Coaching was great tonight, Joey's making fewer mistakes and playing better D, Theus is noticeably more polished and aware each game, TJs shots still always look like they're not going in but he's landing even more than last year and tearing it up with hustle, Larry's starting to play in the paint with his feet on the ground, BRozz and Bradford looking solid as always, and Ed was just nasty. He looked like Spiderman on that dunk. If Gavin had been on, or Joey or BRozz went off, we would have been looking at a blow out.

Yeah, Larry guards the basket, lane and anyone who comes near either.

Back