The Official Beat the Dayton Fayers in the Stu Thread

I had a hard time listening, and caring for that matter, but did anyone hear the commentators last night say something about our Coach concerned about our ability to put away games because of stamina issues?
The female announcer mentioned it. I think she was a former player for Fordham. Coach Odom talked about it after the Bona loss. Bairstow was not in that game so I guess he thought the players were tired in the 2nd half. Mooney mentioned that his team was worn out against VCU as well. That is up to both coaches to make sure and rotate players if that is the case.

Dayton is quite impressive. They’re good all around. If we can get the D going like we did vs Richmond, we have can beat them. Have to play really good perimeter D as well.
Yeah, strengths are everyone can score the ball for them, they all shoot threes, even Holmes. They are mobile, they can switch every position 1-5.
Holmes is Holmes, he's not a banger though, he is tall, long, athletic and skilled.
Weaknesses: UR beat them largely by out toughing them. We beat UR largely by out toughing them. That doesn't necessarily translate, but I think we can effect there game with physicality of all things for this team.
If you take Holmes away, not easy to do, they can look lost. They can also go on long cold streaks (we know about that don't we), if we can stay relatively hot when they do, we can go on a streak that can put the game away.
Holmes has this awkward space between the three point line and getting to the point where he can back someone down. I think that can be exploited with a quick double team, he'll turn the ball over if say, JayNel or Zeb come from the weak side when he begins dribbling.

They are solid defensively, but if we run offense we can get good shops. We shoot 43% from three like last night, we win.

Blanket Santos and Brea. I'm very interested to see who gets those match ups on defense - Zeb can for sure stick with Brea, but Santos is the more dynamic player and could demand Zeb's coverage. I think he may be introduced to one Mr. Michael Belle, although if it were me I might be tempted to try Belle on Holmes in stretches.

Yea man....Belle on Santos would absolutely be a stifling situation.....Holmes is gonna Holmes, but mitigate some of their other pieces and Dayton can be beat!

At the half St. Joe was up. The 2nd was all Dayton. I did not want them to come here after a loss. Said they would be going to Richmond, instead of Dayton.

Too many tix available. Yall down there need to scoop them up. We know how well they travel, and this is a huge game.

Everyone knows we are to Dayton what SBU is to us.

VCU 66
Dayton 62

Dayton short bench dooms them as we go 8-8 from the line the final 4 mins.
The thing is, we play better on the road than at home....hope that changed after UofR. Btw, MBelle reposting my tweet is kinda badass. Hope he yams on Daron. Him and Tobunnies Lawal.

Like all of us I'd love to see us win this game, but at the very least I want to see how we look against Dayton in both regular season matchups. There's a very good chance that for any team to win the A10 Tournament they will need to beat Dayton at some point at Barclays (unless Bernie gets real whacky with who she wants to win). It won't hurt to see us play well even if we lose either of these matchups.

Everyone knows we are to Dayton what SBU is to us.

VCU 66
Dayton 62

Dayton short bench dooms them as we go 8-8 from the line the final 4 mins.

Does Anthony Grant know he is allowed 13 scholarships?
It's like he recruits a bench to win the Old Dominion Athletic Association (ODAC), not the A10.
We'll never know, but I strongly suspect the Flyers' 6th through 13th men would not beat Randolph-Macon or Hampden-Sydney.

By comparison, VCU's "Bench Bunch" did something extraordinarily rare at Fordham ... the subs outscored the starters.

I found out the middle of last week that I would be in DC for the weekend on an unplanned trip so I decided to fly in early Friday and drive down to the game so that's two less available tickets
I live in DC myself and looking for a ride down...but also not feeling the best so trying to figure it out. I have 2 free tix though, so if I don't go, they are 100 percent going to Ram fans that I know. Hope you enjoy!

Does Anthony Grant know he is allowed 13 scholarships?
It's like he recruits a bench to win the Old Dominion Athletic Association (ODAC), not the A10.
We'll never know, but I strongly suspect the Flyers' 6th through 13th men would not beat Randolph-Macon or Hampden-Sydney.

By comparison, VCU's "Bench Bunch" did something extraordinarily rare at Fordham ... the subs outscored the starters.
If Dayton‘s bench (ie Brea and that is it), outscores their starters, that will be a really bad day for one of the teams.

Will the starters only score 20? Or will Brea go 20 for 23 from three?

So for those that missed it.

Apparently there’s some controversy surrounding #2 on Dayton (Santos) over flipping off SJU fans and possibly yelling a certain slur starting with F that was caught on hot mic.

Back