The Official Beat the Dayton Fayers in the Stu Thread

I'm having to go with Guard the Arc here. If we win out, we will be 3-3 vs. Q1 (if the Spiders remain a Q1 on the road), we will be 23-8, our NET will sure rise considerably, at least 50's, our missing players early on will maybe carry some weight (especially with close losses to some good teams then), our closing winning streak will also carry some weight.
I think we have a good case, especially if we make it to the finals in the A10.
25-9 15-3 in an improved A10, with a 12 game win streak up to a loss in the final, two early bad losses missing key players, 3 Q1 wins later with our full roster. Let's see who else is on the bubble by then. They will need a really good resume to keep us out.
But if we don't win out each loss makes an already not sure thing, a longer and longer shot. We may have a shot with a close loss at Dayton.
GuardtheArc allows for us to lose at Dayton and lose in the A10 final and be safely in the NCAA Tournament by virtue of 24 wins. I do not think that takes off the bubble but rather only finally puts us on the bubble. If we have 24 wins and neither Dayton nor us win the A10 Tournament, out outlook is bleak imo.

I fully admit to not knowing about or really wanting to educate myself on the ranking process. But seeing a ranked team benefit by losing to us is bewildering to say the least.

Another cheap shot and still with no clue of any background information on why he's not plying. How about give it a rest and stfu.

The guy has done nothing in three years of college basketball. It's apparent he was recruited to VCU as part of the "group" which also included Efton Reid. How long does he get to prove himself? He's gotten zero minutes at VCU since the Gardner-Webb game December 30th. That's 11 games since Wheeler has stepped on the court and zero A-10 games he's played in. He averaged 1.2 ppg and 2 rpg last year in 8.7 mpg at Louisville. His stats at VCU are a fraction of what he averaged last year at Louisville. He's the biggest player on the team and is getting zero run. He was listed as a 4 star out of high school and had offers out of high school from DePaul, LSU, Louisville and VCU.

You call it a cheap shot. I call it facts. If you know something that the rest of us don't know, then enlighten us.

Untitled-1.jpg

TV Teddy, for all his histrionics, is actually considered a good official. You're not going to do much better than the crew we had Friday.

Roger Ayers is also top notch. We have had him for several games this season.

I'm having to go with Guard the Arc here. If we win out, we will be 3-3 vs. Q1 (if the Spiders remain a Q1 on the road), we will be 23-8, our NET will sure rise considerably, at least 50's, our missing players early on will maybe carry some weight (especially with close losses to some good teams then), our closing winning streak will also carry some weight.
I think we have a good case, especially if we make it to the finals in the A10.
25-9 15-3 in an improved A10, with a 12 game win streak up to a loss in the final, two early bad losses missing key players, 3 Q1 wins later with our full roster. Let's see who else is on the bubble by then. They will need a really good resume to keep us out.
But if we don't win out each loss makes an already not sure thing, a longer and longer shot. We may have a shot with a close loss at Dayton.

Winning out is best-case scenario but highly unlikely. Obviously any team could say that their chances might still be possible in that situation. But what’s come before this point is unfortunately still part of our resume.

Right now, Richmond would get an at-large bid before us. Unless Richmond completely falls and loses most of their games, they are likely getting a bid before us if we don’t win the A10, EVEN if we sweep them. Assuming our overall records stay similar, they would get a bid before us as long as they don’t drop to two Q2 teams in the rest of their season. I don’t think even they will get a bid though. But if there are two at-large bids to go to the A10, it’s them and Dayton.

We have 5 home losses and 2 Q4 losses. Not a lot of teams with similar records and rankings can say the same. Those are not good things and stand out a lot when you put resumes side by side. Winning out might put us in the discussion, but the discussion would be quick when you put us next to people in similar spots who didn’t lose to Q4 teams on their home court. If we were fans of the other teams surrounding us in NET or in the potential bubble in the best-case scenario, we’d be pointing out these flaws on VCU’s resume as reasons we deserve it more.

I get it that we all want to be optimistic fans, but practically, it’s Brooklyn or bust this year.

The guy has done nothing in three years of college basketball. It's apparent he was recruited to VCU as part of the "group" which also included Efton Reid. How long does he get to prove himself? He's gotten zero minutes at VCU since the Gardner-Webb game December 30th. That's 11 games since Wheeler has stepped on the court and zero A-10 games he's played in. He averaged 1.2 ppg and 2 rpg last year in 8.7 mpg at Louisville. His stats at VCU are a fraction of what he averaged last year at Louisville. He's the biggest player on the team and is getting zero run. He was listed as a 4 star out of high school and had offers out of high school from DePaul, LSU, Louisville and VCU.

You call it a cheap shot. I call it facts. If you know something that the rest of us don't know, then enlighten us.
You really don’t get it. Your rant on statistics are facts. The point you just don’t understand is that you are negatively passing judgement on him, without knowing why he is not performing well…especially considering you know nothing about what was going on at Louisville. I wish he was averaging 20 and 10, but that’s up to him and the coaches to figure out. Our job is to support the team anyway we can, and you continue to fail miserably.

Back