The Official Beat the Duquesne Dukes for the 2024 Atlantic 10 Conference Title Thread

I'm happy for Dambrot too. Probably the only coach I'm kinda OK losing to if we had to lose to somebody.

However, those numbers are great and all that. But watching that game Sunday, Am I the only person who was thoroughly unimpressed by them? Does anybody else think that was a totally winnable game if we brought anything close to a consistent "B" level game (not even our "A" game, just a "B" game)? Heck, if one guy brought his "B" game (Shulga) we probably win the game.

All of those numbers regarding Duquesne's record may make folks not feel so bad about losing to them, and ultimately you have to give teams credit for doing enough to win. Folks are going to have to do a lot better (even a couple of days removed from the game) to convince me that we didn't blow that opportunity. We should've won that game.
Yeah another one of those games (Boise State, Norfolk UR) that you had the feeling if we get the lead we'd win. Just couldn't get the stop or the basket to get over the hump. As for throwing shade...I'm happy for the A10 as we get no respect but hey---F Duquesne.

I'm happy for Dambrot too. Probably the only coach I'm kinda OK losing to if we had to lose to somebody.

However, those numbers are great and all that. But watching that game Sunday, Am I the only person who was thoroughly unimpressed by them? Does anybody else think that was a totally winnable game if we brought anything close to a consistent "B" level game (not even our "A" game, just a "B" game)? Heck, if one guy brought his "B" game (Shulga) we probably win the game.

All of those numbers regarding Duquesne's record may make folks not feel so bad about losing to them, and ultimately you have to give teams credit for doing enough to win. Folks are going to have to do a lot better (even a couple of days removed from the game) to convince me that we didn't blow that opportunity. We should've won that game.
If someone had told me beforehand that Clark was going to shoot 2-17 and Grant 3-12, I would’ve figured a double digit win for us.

There was a lot that went wrong on our side.

If someone had told me beforehand that Clark was going to shoot 2-17 and Grant 3-12, I would’ve figured a double digit win for us.

There was a lot that went wrong on our side.

Most of what went wrong on our side was caused by their defense and tenacity.

Most of what went wrong on our side was caused by their defense and tenacity.

Or our lack of it in the first half

16 turnovers and 18 offensive rebounds

34 extra opportunities for Duquesne

Back