The Official Beat the Saint Louis Billikens in Missouri Thread

My first trip to St. Louis & Chaifetz was a ton of fun! Flight landed around 10:30am CT on Friday to some wintry mix and by 4pm there was 5in of snow on the ground despite the forecast only calling for ~2in of precipitation. Our crew of 7 had some pregame drinks at the main SLU bar Humphrey's and I had multiple SLU fans walk up to me and say things like "go easy on us tonight". VCU has had ups and downs in the last 20 years, but we've never really had a rock bottom which I'm thankful for.

I don't believe I need to provide any analysis from the game that hasn't been discussed, but sitting behind the bench in the second half was awesome! J-Nel, Bam, Ferm were all hyping their teammates up. I sit behind the opponents bench at The Stu so I don't have a great view of our bench so it was fun to see them up close.

The players, staff, Ed, & most importantly Bradford Burgess were HYPE to see a bunch of VCU fans pumping the team up as the exited the arena into the tunnel when the game was over.

For anyone that hasn't been to Chaifetz yet..... I will say that is the best A10 arena that I've been to and one of the best NCAAB arenas to watch a game. It reminds me of a slightly bigger Ted (ODU arena) and a smaller JPJ. I like JPJ a lot, but the upper deck is too steep. If anyone can make it out to STL for a VCU game in the future, I highly suggest it.
But did you get a T shirt?

Looks like there were many to be had

My first trip to St. Louis & Chaifetz was a ton of fun! Flight landed around 10:30am CT on Friday to some wintry mix and by 4pm there was 5in of snow on the ground despite the forecast only calling for ~2in of precipitation. Our crew of 7 had some pregame drinks at the main SLU bar Humphrey's and I had multiple SLU fans walk up to me and say things like "go easy on us tonight". VCU has had ups and downs in the last 20 years, but we've never really had a rock bottom which I'm thankful for.

I don't believe I need to provide any analysis from the game that hasn't been discussed, but sitting behind the bench in the second half was awesome! J-Nel, Bam, Ferm were all hyping their teammates up. I sit behind the opponents bench at The Stu so I don't have a great view of our bench so it was fun to see them up close.

The players, staff, Ed, & most importantly Bradford Burgess were HYPE to see a bunch of VCU fans pumping the team up as the exited the arena into the tunnel when the game was over.

For anyone that hasn't been to Chaifetz yet..... I will say that is the best A10 arena that I've been to and one of the best NCAAB arenas to watch a game. It reminds me of a slightly bigger Ted (ODU arena) and a smaller JPJ. I like JPJ a lot, but the upper deck is too steep. If anyone can make it out to STL for a VCU game in the future, I highly suggest it.
I visited there about 10+ years ago. You're right, it is a really nice facility. I can't remember if it was the Saint Louis game or the Xavier game, but I was a little surprised by the amount of alcohol that was flowing at the game considering it's a Jesuit school. On second thought, maybe not. :D

This was during a time VCU didn't serve beer at our games.

slu-coach-oh-well.jpg

Back