The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in the Stu Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I have a bad feeling about this.

richmond-spiders-logo-alternate-20022985.png

TV: ESPNU, Saturday February 3rd at 4:00pm

Radio: 910 AM the Fan (910 AM or 105.1 FM); stream audio on the Audacy app, the VCU Athletics app, or the Ram Nation Network.

History: VCU is 59-32 all-time against the Spiders.

Last Meeting: VCU defeated Richmond 73-58 in the Siegel Center on February 24, 2023.

When I think of the Richmond Spiders nothing significant, important or remotely interesting comes to mind beyond losing basketball, geriatric fans and three ago old questions that have never been answered:

1) How is it possible that the Princeton educated coach Chris Mooney struggles to count five?
mooney.jpg

2) Who convinced legendary coach Dick Tarrent that the "man-perm" at his age was a good look?
tarrent.jpg

3) Did the person who designed Richmond's athletic logo intentionally low-key clown the program by using a tick for the prototype versus an actual spider?
spider-tick.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this.

richmond-spiders-logo-alternate-20022985.png

TV: ESPNU, Saturday February 3rd at 4:00pm

Radio: 910 AM the Fan (910 AM or 105.1 FM); stream audio on the Audacy app, the VCU Athletics app, or the Ram Nation Network.

History: VCU is 59-32 all-time against the Spiders.

Last Meeting: VCU defeated Richmond 73-58 in the Siegel Center on February 24, 2023.
"I have a bad feeling about this."
That says alot because you're always hopeful!

Might be the first time in a long time that we might get out coached

They’re a legitimate team this year. Chris Mooney appears to have a new lease on life after surviving a heart scare. I wouldn’t be surprised if Richmond comes into the Stu and wins Saturday. If they do and VCU falls to 13-9, 5-4 … well … this season’s pretty much over.

Back