The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in the Stu Thread

Maybe you don't remember the amount of angst/thread time spent on how poor a shooter Joey was from three. Guy who sat across the aisle from us screamed every time Joey took a three in his first two seasons. I even showed him that Joey's 3 stats were similar to Maynor;s first two years. Didn't matter.
Takes time. What IF JayNel ends up shooting 3s like Joey or Eric going forward. You can't label any player on what he looks like today.
That's why I rarely point at any player.
Joey shot 42% on threes as a sophomore and Anthony Grant played him at shooting guard next to Maynor.

Also FWIW, Joey is absolutely not 5'10". I'm 6' and used to walk by him and Larry on the way to class all the time - I could easily see over the top of Joey's head. In fact I could easily see the top of his head.

No argument on A-10 vs CAA.

Maybe you don't remember the amount of angst/thread time spent on how poor a shooter Joey was from three. Guy who sat across the aisle from us screamed every time Joey took a three in his first two seasons. I even showed him that Joey's 3 stats were similar to Maynor;s first two years. Didn't matter.
Takes time. What IF JayNel ends up shooting 3s like Joey or Eric going forward. You can't label any player on what he looks like today.
That's why I rarely point at any player.
What’s weird is that Joey won a 3 point shooting contest in a high school all star game that included quite a few high major recruits. His dad always contended had he been 6’, he’d have never come to VCU because he’d have had offers from some power 6 school. So glad he came here!

King -- from ETSU - this year only
Hunt -- Wagner - this year only
Harris -- WCU - this year and next year
Roche -- Citadel - last year, this year, and next year.
Bigelow -- Wofford - last year and this year
Quinn -- Lafayette - last year and this year

All those players come from lower tier programs than the A10, (maybe you could argue some are on VCU's level, maybe) hence UP the ladder.
None of them came from P6 programs, hence, none coming DOWN the ladder.
For AHEF

Joey was a better shooter than Nelson. Better form and rotation on his shot. He also could pull up and shoot, and was generally not limited to catch and shoot opportunities.

Nelson is definitely going to keep defenses honest and draw attention, but it is harder for him to get his shot off against teams in the A10.

Joey was a better shooter than Nelson. Better form and rotation on his shot. He also could pull up and shoot, and was generally not limited to catch and shoot opportunities.

Nelson is definitely going to keep defenses honest and draw attention, but it is harder for him to get his shot off against teams in the A10.
Joey is on the top 5 list in vcu history in 3 pointers made, assists and steals..not to mention the engine of the final four team..no comparison

Guys they are still talking about us over on the FUR Boards

"We don't necessarily need to catch up. We need to stop losing 3 out of 4. The big difference between them and us is they're nastier. The fans, the team and the administration just don't like UR. Read their board. They expect to win. Not hope to win. In many ways they know UR is everything they're not so they beat our brains in in sports and love it. I would too. "Fat cats from Henrico, we'll show em who runs Richmond." It's time the elitist attitude of the administration spills over to the athletic department so we can do what's needed to become athleticly elite, at least in our own darn town. Fvcu."

I like that we are nastier...junk yard dog baby

"We don't necessarily need to catch up. We need to stop losing 3 out of 4. The big difference between them and us is they're nastier. The fans, the team and the administration just don't like UR. Read their board. They expect to win. Not hope to win. In many ways they know UR is everything they're not so they beat our brains in in sports and love it. I would too. "Fat cats from Henrico, we'll show em who runs Richmond." It's time the elitist attitude of the administration spills over to the athletic department so we can do what's needed to become athleticly elite, at least in our own darn town. Fvcu."

While at VCU I also was part of some nerdy business school teams that beat UR kids at nerdy business things too. Pretty sure I outearn any UR grad I know personally. I mean the one thing they do win at is they're parent's wealth and they'll always beat me at golf, having grown up at country clubs.

For academic elites, there sure are some slow learners over there.

Back