The Road ahead

Here's the road next week

Friday - Delaware
Saturday - George Mason
Sunday - Old Dominion
Monday Night - Northeastern

What better way then to go through all of them

One at a time, JUST WIN!

Also, Saturday I think we would play W&M. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are assuming ODU wins Sat? Their record in Richmond does not make that a lock... :lol:

vcubanana said:
One at a time, JUST WIN!

Also, Saturday I think we would play W&M. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If W&M wins they get the 3 seed, GMU the 4 seed. If W&M loses, Tribe will be 4, Patsies will be 3.

ODU fans have to be pissed.

From what I've heard they need to make it to the final....maybe I'm wrong, and I don't mean this as "OH WE'RE GONNA BEAT THEM" type of stuff, but I'm just saying...They've got to play a team who beat them by 12 earlier in the year, and that they just barely escaped...IN RICHMOND, in the semis. That sucks for ODU.

Nobody's ever won 4 in a row, but might as well be us.

One - game - at - a - time

Natty said:
ODU fans have to be pissed.

From what I've heard they need to make it to the final....maybe I'm wrong, and I don't mean this as "OH WE'RE GONNA BEAT THEM" type of stuff, but I'm just saying...They've got to play a team who beat them by 12 earlier in the year, and that they just barely escaped...IN RICHMOND, in the semis. That sucks for ODU.

Nobody's ever won 4 in a row, but might as well be us.

One - game - at - a - time

Assuming you beat Mason...Huge Assumption

Natty said:
They've got to play a team who beat them by 12 earlier in the year, and that they just barely escaped...IN RICHMOND
You mean IN NORFOLK?

honestly i don't think this could be setup any better for us as a 5 seed. Assuming we don't just mail it in on friday, the chance to play mason again on saturday will be great. The shooting sight lines in the coliseum are tough because there is a lot of empty space behind the basket. to be able to play on friday gives us an advantage over mason in my opinion. We should have beat mason the first time. We will beat them the second time. ODU is next assuming they win. Who doesn't want another shot at the monarchs after today. If larry shows up we win today. Larry will show up next weekend. The monarchs will be playing for their ncaa lives. I like our chances in round 3 vs. ODU...that puts us in the final against whoever makes it out of the other bracket. I don't care who it is. We won't lose the final at the coliseum, not with 10,000 + VCU fans. !! Go Rams...lets get back to the Dance !

I agree Wave.

If I were to pick a perfect road I would want to have to beat the 4 seed, the 1 seed, the 2 seed.

Just me...

wavevcu said:
honestly i don't think this could be setup any better for us as a 5 seed. Assuming we don't just mail it in on friday, the chance to play mason again on saturday will be great. The shooting sight lines in the coliseum are tough because there is a lot of empty space behind the basket. to be able to play on friday gives us an advantage over mason in my opinion. We should have beat mason the first time. We will beat them the second time. ODU is next assuming they win. Who doesn't want another shot at the monarchs after today. If larry shows up we win today. Larry will show up next weekend. The monarchs will be playing for their ncaa lives. I like our chances in round 3 vs. ODU...that puts us in the final against whoever makes it out of the other bracket. I don't care who it is. We won't lose the final at the coliseum, not with 10,000 + VCU fans. !! Go Rams...lets get back to the Dance !
I like your reasoning, but am having a hard time being as optimistic. I hope that you're right!

Hassell4Prez said:
I agree Wave.

If I were to pick a perfect road I would want to have to beat the 4 seed, the 1 seed, the 2 seed.

Just me...
Doesn't really matter, this is now our path. You'd be saying the same thing H4P.

vcubanana said:
Hassell4Prez said:
I agree Wave.

Just me...
Doesn't really matter, this is now our path. You'd be saying the same thing H4P.

I know...but we just won the reg. season championship and sent you guys to a Friday game. I gotta take a few jabs!

Back