The Tournament 2023

To get ahead of "why not this player?" questions, going down the list...

Troy Daniels: Says he's unavailable until August
Briante Weber: Wants to relax during that time since it's his time away from his pro hoops career
Justin Tillman: Haven't heard back from him, don't suspect we will, but we'd kill to have him
Melvin Johnson: I believe he's injured. That's what I've been told at least

There are also some other alumni currently signed up with other TBT teams and we are discussing who else can best help us win in this extremely high talent level event. Ultimately the players we add to that current six-man group need to have the talent level to be able to push our current roster for starting spots. That's a tough task. We must have nine guys signed up by June 10th to qualify, but we need a high level of competition to get a good seed in what will be a very tough West VA region (games are July 25-31 in Wheeling, WV...which is just under six hours drive time from here).

Note: We get 12 free roster spots, but believe 10 players who can all compete for minutes is optimal so people don't travel to WV to sit the bench. 10 is also one less hotel room to pay for on a potential 7-night stay (about $1400 per room), so we have to keep expenses in mind.

On that note, if anyone is interested in contributing via donations or skymiles, van rental hookups, etc...PLEASE comment below. I'm creating a GoFundMe, but their site is currently tweaking this morning, so it won't let me finalize it to post it.

This year's coaching staff will have DI Head Coach experience, both with our head coach and potentially an assistant he is bringing in, so that's fun. Also with sooooo many of these guys being in Richmond, we'd love to have a camp and POTENTIALLY some open practice time where we could maybe do some events for donors, etc.

Thanks for your support!

To get ahead of "why not this player?" questions, going down the list...

Troy Daniels: Says he's unavailable until August
Briante Weber: Wants to relax during that time since it's his time away from his pro hoops career
Justin Tillman: Haven't heard back from him, don't suspect we will, but we'd kill to have him
Melvin Johnson: I believe he's injured. That's what I've been told at least

There are also some other alumni currently signed up with other TBT teams and we are discussing who else can best help us win in this extremely high talent level event. Ultimately the players we add to that current six-man group need to have the talent level to be able to push our current roster for starting spots. That's a tough task. We must have nine guys signed up by June 10th to qualify, but we need a high level of competition to get a good seed in what will be a very tough West VA region (games are July 25-31 in Wheeling, WV...which is just under six hours drive time from here).

Note: We get 12 free roster spots, but believe 10 players who can all compete for minutes is optimal so people don't travel to WV to sit the bench. 10 is also one less hotel room to pay for on a potential 7-night stay (about $1400 per room), so we have to keep expenses in mind.

On that note, if anyone is interested in contributing via donations or skymiles, van rental hookups, etc...PLEASE comment below. I'm creating a GoFundMe, but their site is currently tweaking this morning, so it won't let me finalize it to post it.

This year's coaching staff will have DI Head Coach experience, both with our head coach and potentially an assistant he is bringing in, so that's fun. Also with sooooo many of these guys being in Richmond, we'd love to have a camp and POTENTIALLY some open practice time where we could maybe do some events for donors, etc.

Thanks for your support!
This is awesome. Big props for making this happen.

Also, maybe David Shriver? It is WV after all…

So who do you have thus far. Ju, Tre, De Re, Jequan, MSS, Plus ME and Jamion Christian. That's a good crew

A true pg who can score. A versatile Athlete that can fly in De Re. A solid post guy who who is mobile in Ju. A freight train with NBA and International experience in Tre. Muscle with MSS, and experience and scoring with ME and great HC experience in JC.

Add a couple of deep bombers and we are good. Maybe Gilmore? Who gives you another big but also a shooter. Maybe another high flying rim runner in Curry?

So who do you have thus far. Ju, Tre, De Re, Jequan, MSS, Plus ME and Jamion Christian. That's a good crew

A true pg who can score. A versatile Athlete that can fly in De Re. A solid post guy who who is mobile in Ju. A freight train with NBA and International experience in Tre. Muscle with MSS, and experience and scoring with ME and great HC experience in JC.

Add a couple of deep bombers and we are good. Maybe Gilmore? Who gives you another big but also a shooter. Maybe another high flying rim runner in Curry?
Gilmore played pretty well in the 2021 TBT with the Miami alumni team, he’d be a good addition.

What are the chances we could get MO back for one of these tournament teams?
Probably slim to none, the tournament is in late July/early August and the Colts would be preparing for preseason with full practices by then.

Theoretically he’d be eligible, the only restriction is that active NBA players can’t participate. Well, he’s not an NBA player. 😂

Back