The VCU Coaching Staff

Am I missing something or have we not named an associate HC yet? Wonder if Odom has already picked the associate HC or waiting to round out the staff to do so?

Am I missing something or have we not named an associate HC yet? Wonder if Odom has already picked the associate HC or waiting to round out the staff to do so?
There's no requirement that someone be designated associate HC.

I
There's no requirement that someone be designated associate HC.
I know, but it has become common practice so I'm assuming someone will be named AC at some point this off-season. That assumption could be wrong, but id wager it happens.

I
I know, but it has become common practice so I'm assuming someone will be named AC at some point this off-season. That assumption could be wrong, but id wager it happens.
Whether Ryan chooses to elevate one of the assistants in the future remains to be seen, but none of the assistants at Utah State held that title. There are a number of reasons why a coach will elevate an assistant to that title, and they usually have little to do with actual coaching.

Whether he’s named associate HC, Matt Henry will be the #1 assistant.

I would imagine it would be a title that would earn a pay bump that Odom would want to take advantage of if it’s available.

I mean, we can announce it anytime we want. He just can’t start getting paid for the job and take over duties until then.

I mean, we can announce it anytime we want. He just can’t start getting paid for the job and take over duties until then.
He may not want it announce though. If it is Brad, isn't he still working what with the playoffs and all going on?

Back