The VCU Coaching Staff

I get being excited. I am too. This is going to be a wild ride. But based on the actual record, people are getting way ahead of themselves, and when we lose early (and we will), people are going to feel some kind of way about it
Same page on this. While I understand that in the transfer portal era teams lose more players every year than they used to, not many lost nine. And, even those that did lose that many, even fewer lost nearly ALL of their minutes from the previous year. Odom is bringing in some really nice pieces and I'm excited as heck right now for the upcoming season. BUT, our early season games may not look so hot because outside of two of these guys, none of them have played in Odom's system. And, while I understand the RVA guys played together in AAU and high school ball, this is a completely different situation. There's some familiarity, yes, but it's going to take time for this team to get on the same page.

And, this is where I remind people about LAST season's team. We had seven new players, if you include Watkins coming back from injury. On that team, we had our back court of Ace and Nunn intact from the previous season and we STILL had a period when chemistry was an issue early on and the roster was still being figured out. We as VCU fans aren't big on patience, but we are going to need to display it next season.

Here another way to look at it.

Head to Head:

Rhoades vs Shaka 1-1
Rhoades vs Wade 1-0
Rhoades vs Capel 1-0
Rhoades vs Grant 10-5.
I was looking at it from an overall VCU perspective. I agree with N Mollen and I should flip Capel over Grant.

Back