The Washington Post's "Atlantic 11" Poll

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
Insider
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03480.html
from 11/24
Welcome back to another year of local college basketball voting. As always, the 27 Division I programs in D.C., Maryland and Virginia are eligible. This is the poll's fourth year; the previous crowns were won by Georgetown ('07 and '08) and VCU ('09). And by the looks of things, longtime friends Georgetown and Maryland will be battling it out for early-season Atlantic 11 supremacy. . . .
4. Va. Commonwealth (3-1) . . . Losing to Western Michigan and then beating Oklahoma is sort of like losing to the Lions and then beating the Cowbo . . . Oh. Never mind. . .

Mason at 5, 'narchs at 6, wuhoos at 8, ticks at 10

I like this one as well. The comments seem to be funnier this year too. I wish more of these area teams outside of the CAA were willing to play us to make this even more interesting.

VCU4LIFE said:
Andrew Morris???

yeah, saw that too... couldn't be ...could it? :?

if we take care of our biz, we might be able to move up... the #1 terps went down to the Badgers in Maui

Actually I have it from a pretty reliable source that there is a much better shot than that John. Still not sure about Andy, but someone else on this board has a vote, and it's certainly not anyone that you would guess!

VCU4LIFE said:
Actually I have it from a pretty reliable source that there is a much better shot than that John. Still not sure about Andy, but someone else on this board has a vote, and it's certainly not anyone that you would guess!

I stand by my statement. Andy is not capable of being that witty.

Hmmm, don't think the Turdles will remain numero uno after the two thumpings they took at the hands of Cincy and Wisconsin at the Maui Invitational this past week. LOL at the announcers talking about Vasquez playing "at the next level". He may play in Europe, but I am sure that Shu would eat his lunch, just as he did at the Verizon Center a couple of years ago.

Back