Theus with that sick cross over...

Does theus not have the sickest cross over ever? I saw him do it a couple of times last night and a few times in the exhibition and it is so quick. He is making poeple look bad...

With that funky looking jumpshot, he reminds a little of another VCU point guard that went on to have a pretty decent career. Once he gets his mechanics refined, look out.

RESRam said:
With that funky looking jumpshot, he reminds a little of another VCU point guard that went on to have a pretty decent career. Once he gets his mechanics refined, look out.

Last night in the stands we all commented that he looked like a young "Eric Maynor."

VCUBeatsduke

RESRam said:
u talking about that garbage pg we had out of raeford, nc? once he left vcu he went to play in some unknown league in the US didn't he

Definitely heard the Maynor comparisons a bit last night.

Love his quickness and size. Played a bit sloppy but that will change with more experience. Could end up a really solid player (17 minutes last night...not bad for his first game).

Natty said:
Definitely heard the Maynor comparisons a bit last night.

Love his quickness and size. Played a bit sloppy but that will change with more experience. Could end up a really solid player (17 minutes last night...not bad for his first game).
I felt like the sloppiness was early, being his first game and all. I thought once he calmed down he played really well.

It really is unreal how much his game resembles Maynor's during his freshman campaign. They move the same way, have the same shot mechanics with their hand on top of the ball, drive to the basket the same way, and have the same deceptively quick change of direction.

His crossover is positively Maynor-esque.

If he's half the player Maynor is, I'll be esctatic.

I was very impressed with Theus. Appears to have a lot of confidence and poise which is huge. Handled the ball well, made a few freshman mistakes with passes but looked really good. He appears to be able to take people off the dribble and get the ball into the paint.

Back