Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.7HILLHOSTING.COM
Name Server: NS2.7HILLHOSTING.COM
Updated Date: 30-jan-2009
Creation Date: 30-jan-2008
Expiration Date: 30-jan-2010

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:46:49 UTC <<<

. . .

Heh, funny. I know exactly where that physical address is. Google street view has some rather interesting pictures as of it as well. ;)

....goatball?! :lol:
Forget about pigskins... we're gonna play GOATBALL!!!
/signs any and all petitions AGAINST VCU football

Even if the new VCU president wanted to do this and the athletic department launched a program they'd have to address some serious issues. Fund raising is one of course - - and it's going to be a bad time over the next 2 years most likely to try to raise funds. A place to play games is another. I've heard the city stadium location come up and that might be a possibility, but the facility there is ancient. Plus it's off-campus and attendance would not be good at an off-campus location. U of R, who won a championship, didn't have great attendance there. Where else would a VCU team play games? In the Ukrops parking lot?

Finally, I love VCU, but I like good football. FCS is huge step down from BCS football. Unless there was a stated goal to get to BCS and to have an on-campus stadium I don't see myself being all that excited about it.

CAA basketball is a huge step down from the ACC but we still love it.

we shouldnt base our numbers off of Richmond attendance they can't draw good at any kind of event.

Is the coliseum big enough to hold a football stadium?

I know they were planning some baseball stadium down in the bottom. they could easily make it a football stadium that could convert into a baseball stadium(Oakland type). Would probably get the project moving again since building a baseball staduim to get 500 folks to show up wouldnt be the best idea.

ODU got lucky and started up at the right time and they also had the blessing of having a stadium already there that only needed a few changes.

I think the new guy will atleast put some feelers out there for Football. I know a ton of fans want it, I was talking to one Alum that told me he would triple his athletic donation if we added a program

Most of the Ram Faithful will disagree with this, but we don't even have to start it at the FCS level.

Given the financial constraints, we could/should start at the D-II level and play at City Staduim. That could allow a much smaller financial commitment and a slower build up. We start to get some pieces in place while raising money and developing a plan to go FCS. BCS is just not an option right now, but could be in the near future.

City Stadium is not that far, and I'm sure we could get some buses to take students.

Cant play D1 basketball & D2 football...at least that is my understanding of the NCAA regs

Mercury said:
CAA basketball is a huge step down from the ACC but we still love it.

There is a sizeable difference in ACC and CAA basketball - - that is true. I believe we are 2-2 in our most recent matchups with ACC squads however. Do you think we'd be 2-2 matching an FCS football team against the ACC? Never. In fact, when one of the best FCS teams in the country, Appy State, beat Michigan (at the time a mediocre BCS team) it was called one of the greatest upsets in college football history. That should tell you something about the separation between FCS and BCS football. And the FCS versus BCS matchups and upsets hardly ever happen. With D1 basketball, technically there is no difference between a mid and a major - - the teams play for the same trophy in the same championship tournament.

Back