Players Tobi Lawal transferring to Virginia Tech

Shulga announce a couple of weeks ago he was going to pursue professional opportunities and/or get some evaluations as far as playing professionally but did not enter the portal. He may have already gotten some feedback from his agent and perhaps some scouts that have seen him.

He didn't play all that well in the NIT and the latter half of the A10 tourney......possibly due to his shoulder and back injury. His feedback may have been that the G-league would be an option at $25 grand a year or that they would like to see him play against better competition throughout the season at a P4/5/6 program making several hundred grand a year or playing for a mid-level Euro team making $50 grand a year.......your choice.

So, upon hearing that, he then decided to opt for the portal to see what's up for him while also looking at some more evaluation and professional opportunities.

Shulga announce a couple of weeks ago he was going to pursue professional opportunities and/or get some evaluations as far as playing professionally but did not enter the portal. He may have already gotten some feedback from his agent and perhaps some scouts that have seen him.

He didn't play all that well in the NIT and the latter half of the A10 tourney......possibly due to his shoulder and back injury. His feedback may have been that the G-league would be an option at $25 grand a year or that they would like to see him play against better competition throughout the season at a P4/5/6 program making several hundred grand a year or playing for a mid-level Euro team making $50 grand a year.......your choice.

So, upon hearing that, he then decided to opt for the portal to see what's up for him while also looking at some more evaluation and professional opportunities.
That's a lot of supposing. 😵‍💫

I think it was more he got some calls from places saying he could make more with them than the pro route so he jumped in.

I think it was more he got some calls from places saying he could make more with them than the pro route so he jumped in.
I doubt that considering most programs are avoiding dealing with foreign national players because one wrong move gets them deported.

The ignorance in this place is staggering
RamNation is much like talking to my teenagers. Tell you something that is DEFINITELY A "FACT". I, as an informed adult, go "that literally doesn't make any sense. That seems like a very large stretch combined with personal opinion?" to which they reply about hearing it fifth hand from a classmate or assumed to be true because they have convinced themselves of their wisdom.

RamNation is much like talking to my teenagers. Tell you something that is DEFINITELY A "FACT". I, as an informed adult, go "that literally doesn't make any sense. That seems like a very large stretch combined with personal opinion?" to which they reply about hearing it fifth hand from a classmate or assumed to be true because they have convinced themselves of their wisdom.
Methinks you just summed up the entire internet. In a nutshell. It goes even better with a nice chilled glass of anonymity.

Back