Toby Veal (much needed positive news)

That article on the recent game says he was a monster in the post. There must be some mistake. Shaka hasn't signed any post players. At least that's what I read somewhere.

He's a great add for the team. But we need someone taller than 6'7 coming up in the next two seasons. Waiting for that one more big man for us to sign! Can't wait to see what Mr. Veal can do. For some reason I'm really hungry.

there are 2 signing periods for basketball...in november and in april. veal will sign in april. there have always been 2 signing periods...i don't know why but that's how they do it for hoops. one before the season starts and one after the season ends...allows coaches to sign players after the season i guess. as long as i can remember there have been 2 signing periods.

vcubanana said:
He's a great add for the team. But we need someone taller than 6'7 coming up in the next two seasons. Waiting for that one more big man for us to sign! Can't wait to see what Mr. Veal can do. For some reason I'm really hungry.

Meh. How many players over 6'7 did Mason have on their Final Four run?

xjohnx said:
vcubanana said:

Not enough to win out.

Jwetzel said:
xjohnx said:
vcubanana said:

Not enough to win out.

http://www.nwfraiders.org/article.cfm?ID=16

kinda explains his thinking and circumstances to go Juco

as for signing bigs?? Shaka can go two ways

1) Beat the bricks and find a larger student athlete type with better then average basketball skills who actually is willing to commit to VCU

oooooooooor

2) Sigh some giant douche to pacify the huddled masses clamoring for "Bigs, Bigs, Bigs" (wasn't that a movie starring Tom Spanks and a dozen other talented actresses?)

Veal seems like a polished combo-guard with really good size for our conference.....but fear not, Spam may have a brother Down Under

Does Jim Turns have any eligibility left?

GUYS YOU JUST DON'T GET IT THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS ON THIS BOARD HAVE TOLD US THAT IF WE DON'T SIGN A PLAYER 7'3" OR TALLER WE WILL INSTANTLY BECOME IRRELEVANT OMG OMG OMG

Konstantin Pepeliaev was 7'3" and he didn't really do much for us.

Sometimes said:
GUYS YOU JUST DON'T GET IT THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS ON THIS BOARD HAVE TOLD US THAT IF WE DON'T SIGN A PLAYER 7'3" OR TALLER WE WILL INSTANTLY BECOME IRRELEVANT OMG OMG OMG

VCULee said:

LEE, YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO THE NEW MASTERS! THEY KNOW ALL! EVERYTHING ABOUT VCU BASKETBALL IS WRONG RIGHT NOW! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!??!?!

Sometimes said:
VCULee said:

LEE, YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO THE NEW MASTERS! THEY KNOW ALL! EVERYTHING ABOUT VCU BASKETBALL IS WRONG RIGHT NOW! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!??!?!

WE SHOULD BURN EVERYTHING! FIRE ALL THE COACHES, HIRE NEW ONES, AND THEN RECRUIT ONLY BIGS! BIGS BIGS BIGS BIGS BIGS BIGS!

Then we will be able to beat EVERYONE IN BASKETBALL BY 50! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

If we have all bigs who will bring the ball up the court?
This thread is stupid. Ya'll are like an incurable disease.

Back