Toibu "Tobi" Lawal

Tobi reminds me more of JT than anyone else. Freakish athleticism, highlight dunks, and early hints of an outside touch. Tobi also has an extremely aggressive nature he's developing with his confidence. He seems to believe he deserves every rebound. You can't teach that.

A very exciting upside to this young man. He should work on his footwork because if he can use leverage and positioning with his explosiveness, he will be a very difficult to stop in the paint.

You almost can't blame DL for his hyperbole.

It was ONLY MBJ

Remind doesn't mean "as good as Worthy"...it just means similar game.

As it turns out I was right about MBj now getting he is getting a chance to play. He is doing Worthy's things a UNC-G...he's filling the lane on transition dunks...quick first step jump hooks...pretty much Worthy's bag..

AND You can't say it's just the competition level either.. he dropped 24 on Vandy and 18 on a ranked Arkansas team respectively...now he's even hitting the kickout 3's!!!

Please explain the Sean Mobley/Dave Cowens comp:

You literally said "at the risk of being the king of hyperbole" about yourself! :D

Please explain the Sean Mobley/Dave Cowens comp:

You literally said "at the risk of being the king of hyperbole" about yourself! :D
Everyone knows that Dave Cowens ended up underperforming before transferring to another school, then disappearing off the face of the earth six weeks into the season, but he had a mom who people thought was attractive.

Wait, he didn't? Oops.

Sort of reminds me of the Mo Allie Cox throwdown against GW, I believe it was. Alcorn St's center wanted nothing to do with Tobi on that dunk!
Yeah, that guy had the good sense to just step aside and have a great vantage point to watch the action. The guy for GW not so much, I think he still has the imprint of that ball on his face.

2023-12-15-192428.jpg

I was right about oduro in his freshman at Mason...the first one to say to we should go after Joe Bamisille the very day he entered the portal..pretty much the only person who called Wheeler a bad move when we signed him. Took alot of sh-t here at the time from everyone here. Turned out to be right on both counts.
You are wrong. That's 3 counts.

Back