Toibu "Tobi" Lawal

Tobi and Fermin are both still a bit raw. Tobi is further along because he got some playing time last year. They are still only sophomores but have a lot of upside as they continue to develop. Slippery hands is a common symptom of young college big men. Mo, even with huge hands, had slippery hands his first year here.
Fermin has lots of potential but needs to get stronger. Both will continue their progression.

Talk to the refs, the calls on him during the Memphis game were ridiculous.

Most of them. The only bad foul (on his part) was the reaching/blocking call he got 15-20' away from the basket.

We need Tobi to get all his fouls in the paint getting rebounds and blocked shots, because he can be a monster on the glass. His offensive put-backs can have a devastating effect on the other team's morale.

I did not like the way that game was called either & losing Tobi made an immediate impact in that game. We really needed him for a few more minutes.

As stated, I loved the guy. However, we rate our teams and players by wins and losses.

The Justin lead team was one of the worst in the last decade or so If not the worst that wain’t decimated by injury or illness.
Well, you're making a different point. You said that HE (JT) didn't deliver. But I think it pretty safe to say, as you just did, that it's team thing.

Indeed, if we had more Justin Tillmans on the team, we might have done just fine.

Well, you're making a different point. You said that HE (JT) didn't deliver. But I think it pretty safe to say, as you just did, that it's team thing.

Indeed, if we had more Justin Tillmans on the team, we might have done just fine.
I made my statement and my point remains the same. He didnt deliver.

He scored. ton of points and got boards but we didnt he didnt lead us to victory. Heck we were barely 500. He didnt improve the brand so no. With the talent we attract we can always get a stat stuffer whose team doesnt win.

Treveon Graham could have averaged quite a few more points, as could Br, Brad Burgess, Rozell, Skeen, Larry and many others.

Look I really like Justin and am very appreciative of what he contributed.

However, we are in the winning business and he didnt win for us.

This is my opinion. Not trying to refute nor debate yours.

Last edited:
back to Tobi...

He needs to start blocking lots of shots...become a wall to the basket...a 'La Wall' as the French might say...make it a Tee and sell on his NIL page.

I've got a million marketing ideas...one or two are 'not bad'

Tobi after taking out his braids.

tumblr_p9ev0rZ0Cu1s1v3r1o2_540.gif

Back