Recruiting Transfer Portal

Convos still roll around to MR/Penn St over a year after he left. Some here are still pining away because their GF left them. Move on and stop trying to show how we are so much better than them. Makes you look petty.

Go to sports reference and look at penn state, and then tell me how below average they are as a basketball program over their 128 years.

Here's a hint: in 128 years they've won their conference once and conference tournament once

Absolutely one of the worst p5 teams in the country.

BTW, people parroting their kenpom rank for the previous season as though it's evidence that penn state isn't one of the worst p5 bball programs ever?

Please don't take a statistics lesson from them.
They've been the Fordham of the Big Ten ever since they joined.

They've been the Fordham of the Big Ten ever since they joined.
Not just the B1G, they've been the Fordham of all p5 teams despite their pedophile ass CFB programs success.

Pedd State is a dogwater CBB program, argue with your mama.

Ace
Good player for VCU, probs a top-10 point guard. Loved the dawg mentality.

He’s over-rated defensively. Very poor on ball defender. Very strong at digging down on bigs and getting in the passing lanes and stacking up impressive steal statistics and DPOY
He's overrated defensively??? He's just good at stacking the DPOY's???

You might have an argument...if the these awards were voted by sports writers but they are awarded by the head coaches.

The fact that the majority of the 16 A10 head coaches voted him a10 dpoy in '23...then the majority of big ten coaches including izzo voted him big ten dpoy in '24...and then the majority of college basketball coaches voted him among into final ten players for national dpoy in '24 makes your argument silly.

Last edited:
Yeah ace is definitely not overrated defensively lol. Dude is a dawg and always has been.
His on ball D was poor enough that MR, in Aces last season here, had him guarding the 2 while Zeb or Nunn guarded the PG. A-10 point guards would routinely get around Ace and put the defense in help mode.

Any actual news of big men we are courting or are we gearing up for a CBI run?

I haven't been and was not "worried", but the fact that we have signed exactly NOONE to our most glaring weakness last year while watching other programs sign big men is quite off putting.

Our history suggests VCU may be silly enough to run Clarke out there at the five or spot minutes from Okafor, both of which beg the question.....WHY?

Although another shooter never hurts, I would sign 3 more PF/C and let the chips fall where they may, for every Johns Jr, you get a Medley-Bacon. As it sits right now, if we get another C, we only have three 4/5 on the roster, Fermin, Clarke, and new guy.... One twisted ankle away from Belle playing center.

Maddening to me, when we lose every single postseason to teams with legit big men that we cannot counter.

Any actual news of big men we are courting or are we gearing up for a CBI run?

I haven't been and was not "worried", but the fact that we have signed exactly NOONE to our most glaring weakness last year while watching other programs sign big men is quite off putting.

Our history suggests VCU may be silly enough to run Clarke out there at the five or spot minutes from Okafor, both of which beg the question.....WHY?

Although another shooter never hurts, I would sign 3 more PF/C and let the chips fall where they may, for every Johns Jr, you get a Medley-Bacon. As it sits right now, if we get another C, we only have three 4/5 on the roster, Fermin, Clarke, and new guy.... One twisted ankle away from Belle playing center.

Maddening to me, when we lose every single postseason to teams with legit big men that we cannot counter.
Supposedly we have 1-2 bigs in this weekend.

Kiree Huie to Miami.

Close to June and Fermin is our only big.

We need to sign someone soon. How can we go into next season without filling the glaring hole from last season that's now even deeper since Tobi departed??

Clark is also a big
Yes, Clark is a more skilled big than Toby, with ample athleticism (though something less than a 49 vertical) who fits the mold of what Odom has said he's looking for and unless Toby improves considerably before next year (not counting that out) Clark is an upgrade.

We still need a wide body who provides a physical presence in the paint when necessary.

Someone to replace and is an upgrade from Wheeler.

Back