Recruiting Trey Green: Closed

1. Xavier​

Xavier head coach Sean Miller was front and center for Trey Green throughout Peach Jam. Intel also suggests that Miller developed a quick relationship with Green and maintained that throughout the relationship.

Xavier was also Green’s only official visit from his final list.

Xavier’s chances: 90-percent

2. VCU​

VCU offered Trey Green in season and maintained contact with him. There is a system fit here, and Virginia is close to Green’s North Carolina home. Sources close to the situation say the Rams are currently still in play for Freddie Dilione and, to a certain extent, Silas Demary, Jr.

VCU’s chances: 5-percent

3. Virginia/LSU/Miami​

These schools each made the list, but they came in very late. Miami was the earliest of this group, and they were at each of Green’s Peach Jam games, but sources say they are still in the mix for Elmarko Jackson and do not have room for both.
Virginia and LSU came in after Peach Jam, and intel suggests Green had formed better relationships with other teams by that time.
Virginia/LSU/Miami combined chances: 5-percent

Final thoughts​

Sean Miller identified Green and developed a relationship with him pretty quickly. The Xavier staff never wavered with Green throughout the process and made it known he was a priority.
In speaking with Green in June, Xavier was a school he set a visit with early in the process. Green visited Xavier this past week and immediately set his commitment date.
Xavier answered any questions Green had during the visit, and the comfort level checked all the boxes. There was no need to wait any longer. With the timing of this commitment, expect Green to be Sean Miller’s first commitment from the 2023 class.

On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine​

I have placed my expert pick in On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) for Trey Green to choose Xavier. I set my pick with 90-percent confidence.
The On3 engineering group teamed up with Spiny.ai to create the industry’s first algorithm and machine learning-based product to predict where athletes will attend college. Starting from the ground up, On3 built an entirely new product that utilizes data, human expertise, and machine learning.

AboutContactAdvertisersCareers
Customer ServiceHelpPrivacy PolicyTerms of Service
© 2022 On3 Media, LLP. All rights reserved. On3 is a registered trademark of On3 Media, LLP.

1 hour long interview with Trey Green outfi yesterday. Fantastic intervieew..love trey..honest intelligent guard...pulls no punches...especially about being a guard under 6'...interviewers gets him to talk about picks at the very end...interviewer kinds disses vcu as kinda being irrelevant...but trey gives great.props to vcu. You can tell he really thinks he can fit into our system...but it sounds like he chose xavier because of miller's ability to develop nba guards.

Well, we used to say congratulations, hope you have a great career at X, unless you play VCU. But now we need to add, see you in the portal maybe. Anyway, good luck to him.

Back