Recruiting Trey Green: Closed

Can't land everyone but still nice to see the staff building solid relationships with very talented players. With how many guys enter the portal these relationships could very well provide fruit down the road.

That's who it is. Our energy is and has been directed elsewhere for some time
Can't land everyone but still nice to see the staff building solid relationships with very talented players. With how many guys enter the portal these relationships could very well provide fruit down the road.

Yup. Cam estevez, Mike Williams and Jamyron Keller on deck.

So, you give him crap for posting recruiting stuff on the main board and then you follow him over here to talk crap?
Yes, because a week ago he was literally throwing a tantrum about online fan support in the main forum to come here and say “Yup” to a poster who said we directed our energy elsewhere “for some time” about the same player.

I’m all for tracking recruiting and keeping up to speed, but to be double minded is just foolish.

Yes, because a week ago he was literally throwing a tantrum about online fan support in the main forum to come here and say “Yup” to a poster who said we directed our energy elsewhere “for some time” about the same player.

I’m all for tracking recruiting and keeping up to speed, but to be double minded is just foolish.
DL has his flaws that we can keep trying to correct, but he’s trying to post useful info and help the program. He wasn’t throwing a tantrum. He was trying to encourage people to spend 5 seconds clicking a button. Instead of ignoring him, some people feel the need to point out that they won’t click a button. The real ass holes here don’t include DL.

DL has his flaws that we can keep trying to correct, but he’s trying to post useful info and help the program. He wasn’t throwing a tantrum. He was trying to encourage people to spend 5 seconds clicking a button. Instead of ignoring him, some people feel the need to point out that they won’t click a button. The real ass holes here don’t include DL.
I agree! Glad we’re on the same page.

I agree! Glad we’re on the same page.
I’m sure we’re both bigger ass holes than DL.

I wish he could post more accurate info. But I’d rather him keep posting recruiting info instead of stopping. I tried to start a real VCU recruiting thread years ago and it was a lot of work with limited interest. If he can give us correctable info and get some people interested, then he’s doing good work. VCU’s mediocre fan support is a problem.

I wish he could post more accurate info. But I’d rather him keep posting recruiting info instead of stopping. I tried to start a real VCU recruiting thread years ago and it was a lot of work with limited interest. If he can give us correctable info and get some people interested, then he’s doing good work. VCU’s mediocre fan support is a problem.
Yes, and I was appreciative of your recruiting thread and when 2012 took it over. I agree about the fan support, and part of that is that it’s hard to get people excited about wild shot-in-the-dark guesses over and over again.

Yes, and I was appreciative of your recruiting thread and when 2012 took it over. I agree about the fan support, and part of that is that it’s hard to get people excited about wild shot-in-the-dark guesses over and over again.
As a person that has followed basketball and football recruiting for 30+ years, I don’t have much sympathy for people that are annoyed at putting minimal effort in while being spoon-fed info by other fans. And football recruiting is soooooo much harder than basketball recruiting.

DL doesn’t always provide the highest quality, unbiased info, but he puts in more work than pretty much everyone else here. Having done this for a while, I’ll give him a hard time about his errors (especially when they’re lazy), but I will never give him a hard time about putting in the effort. We need a lot more people putting in that effort.

I was attempting to fire people up to get excited about our recruiting efforts this summer using a hard ass approach.

It didn't work and I came off as a griping and whiny duffus. For that i apologize to everyone for going overboard what has been all to typical...

Not everyone is going to be into recruiting and I am going to accept it going forward.

I have to learn when to just stop and let things go...

I am with DB, Heel, 2012 and anyone who has attempted to handle the recruiting load alone. It's too hard..

I was wondering if we get a group people to work together to keep track the prospects...I mean if there's interest..🤷..thoughts?

I am thankful for Heel, 2012 and DL for trying to run the recruiting information pages. I don't have much time for it myself, so it is good to be able to come here and find it. Thanks to all the rest of you who post good stuff also.

Back