Tyler Locklear's march to the Majors thread!!

only a matter a matter of time before he gets moved up from single A.

GREAT first pro season for Tyler....Yea, he may start in A ball next season, but he won't stay long. I was hoping he'd be part of the Arizona Fall League....but he's not listed on the Peoria roster (Seattle) so I guess he's earned a nice little offseason rest and recoup.

FWIW, he's the #9 prospect for the Mariners

"
Lastly, he'd finish his season by showcasing his hit tool in the Arizona Fall League for the Peoria Javelinas. He bounced between first base and designated hitter duties, authoring a solid .284/.415/.888 slash line. That performance propelled our 9th-ranked prospect to the AFL Fall Stars game.

We'll likely see Locklear get some extended MLB Spring Training run with another assignment to Arkansas in the cards. If he continues to show high strike zone judgment and damage pitches in the zone, he'll get a cup of coffee with the big-league club late in the season.

"Locklear is the Mariners’ No. 10 prospect per MLB Pipeline, though he’ll jump higher once the 2024 rankings are unveiled next month. He’s also the club’s closest prospect to the Majors, by both age and player development. This is the first big league camp for the second-round Draft pick in 2022. At age 23, he’s on the older end of the prospect spectrum, but he was a college senior when he was drafted and has hit at each stop."

M's have Ty France and Luke Raley at 1B....neither one is exactly a stalwart there...glad to see Tyler has some juice goin' his way.

I'll also add that I am part of a VERY nerdy fantasy baseball crew that meets in person to conduct, not only, our MLB draft....but we also do a 5 deep per team Milb draft as well......I'm very much considering making Tyler Locklear part of the Lunatic Fringe :D

"Locklear is the Mariners’ No. 10 prospect per MLB Pipeline, though he’ll jump higher once the 2024 rankings are unveiled next month. He’s also the club’s closest prospect to the Majors, by both age and player development. This is the first big league camp for the second-round Draft pick in 2022. At age 23, he’s on the older end of the prospect spectrum, but he was a college senior when he was drafted and has hit at each stop."

M's have Ty France and Luke Raley at 1B....neither one is exactly a stalwart there...glad to see Tyler has some juice goin' his way.

I'll also add that I am part of a VERY nerdy fantasy baseball crew that meets in person to conduct, not only, our MLB draft....but we also do a 5 deep per team Milb draft as well......I'm very much considering making Tyler Locklear part of the Lunatic Fringe
This an old article. He's jumped to 5th in the MLB pipeline now.

Back