UT-Arlington G Phillip Russell Officially Signed to VCU

Is anyone out there really analyzing a players game off of highlight reels though? Feel like yall are pointing out something that 99% of people agree with.
Isn't that life, though? The vocal minority get the most attention, right? Someone always puts up a highlight video of a guy dominating smaller, less athletic players in high school and a minority get all excited and make a big deal about it. Meanwhile, the majority just yawn.

I've got a bit of problem with it. Shut up. Don't go after opponents physically unless you're defending yourself. Don't get techs. If if was a blowout and you object to somebody throwing one down in the final seconds, don't get blown out. I don't blame the winning team for playing hard to the final horn. If you want to show sportsmanship, the coach can empty his bench, but I'd still want everyone out there playing hard.

Fire is great, but discipline has to go with it. Techs on players are nothing but unforced errors.
Sorry, at that point you catch the ball and dribble out the clock. Not a great look from a "Christian" school. Bump him? Eh... probably shouldn't have, but it's not like he threw a punch or took him down to the floor, just sent a message that it wasn't OK.

99%? You'd be surprised!
I highlight video can show you some things a guy is capable of, but not necessarily how he plays all the time. So, no you don't judge a player from them. His stats looks solid. If he looks good in a complete game(s), that's different.

There are full games against Texas and Texas Tech on YouTube for those that want a more complete look

I hope all the bystanders can form their options based on their media consumption style of choice, because if we don't hear what everyone imagines a player might eventually play like based on those keen insights, the player will never play real games and actually show us. After all, it's our expectations that bring reality into existence, and why we have to spend so much time and energy managing expectations (especially those of others).

Sorry, at that point you catch the ball and dribble out the clock. Not a great look from a "Christian" school. Bump him? Eh... probably shouldn't have, but it's not like he threw a punch or took him down to the floor, just sent a message that it wasn't OK.
Thou shalt not dunk with 20 seconds to go.

I hope all the bystanders can form their options based on their media consumption style of choice, because if we don't hear what everyone imagines a player might eventually play like based on those keen insights, the player will never play real games and actually show us. After all, it's our expectations that bring reality into existence, and why we have to spend so much time and energy managing expectations (especially those of others).
It's all AI generated anyway, nothing is real anymore.......

I highlight video can show you some things a guy is capable of, but not necessarily how he plays all the time. So, no you don't judge a player from them. His stats looks solid. If he looks good in a complete game(s), that's different.
Yeah, that Reco McCarter highlight video definitely gave us a preview of what to expect when he arrived at VCU. If you don't know who Reco McCarter is...that's the point.

Back