Utah Summer League game 4 @5 pm est

Heading into his fourth game today in central Florida, Eric Maynor is 8-for-27 from the field, 2-of-6 from distance and 8-of-9 at the foul line, with an 8.7 scoring average through three outings.

He has 11 assists and 7 turnovers, while averaging nearly 26 minutes per contest.

His minutes are far more than any other Jazzman.

I wouldn't put much stock in any of this; the fact he's playing so many minutes assures that Utah is extremely interested in what he can and can't do.

I've always had a bit of an affection for Utah pro hoops; it was in '74 that Moses Malone leap-frogged from Petersburg High to the Utah Stars of the old ABA (including Virginia Squires).

The Stars were in existence from '70 to '75, before the league folded, with some teams merging with the NBA.

The Utah Jazz opened doors in '79; previously the Jazz had been in the swinging, jazzy town of New Orleans since '71.

If there was ever a pro team in need of a different nickname, it is the Utah Jazz. Although the Los Angeles Lakers (having moved from Minnesota) isn't too logical, either, and the Los Angeles Dodgers don't need to "dodge" any trolley cars, like they once did in Brooklyn.

E leaves the game at the end of the 3rd not to return. Utah was down 23 (I think) at the time. He goes out and Utah rallies to win in overtime.

7 TO's??? As of game 3 yesterday I thought he only had a total of 1 TO. What happened in today's game? I think he is getting really tired. I would like to see his floater start to fall. That is his shot.

bighorn's muse makes me think the Wizards should go back to being the Bullets ... as in dodging Bullets in DC (of course Baltimore first)

who else heard the john tatum shout out from dante and galante!? :)

If E is tired already he will never make it in the NBA...82 games + playoff series and constant travel. I don't think he's tired but just playing with new faces and against better competition. You can't expect him to get 22 and 6 at this level.

Mercury said:
xjohnx said:
who else heard the john tatum shout out from dante and galante!? :)

I thought you didn't like those guys :lol:

"Here's an email from John Tatum...."you guys are the two biggest homers....EVER.".. yep, i agree!"

Maynor's fatigued four-game totals:

26.19 minutes per game (most by far on team)

9-32 fg

2-7 bonus shots

8-9 free throws (7-7 first game)

7 ast

6 t.o.

Team 2-2

Doesn't mean a thing relative to big picutre; if Maynor is impressive in Salt Lake workouts/preseason exhibitions vs. incumbent, back-up point guards, he'll make team. If not, then let's introduce the Utah Flash.

bighorn said:
Maynor's fatigued four-game totals:

26.19 minutes per game (most by far on team)

9-32 fg

2-7 bonus shots

8-9 free throws (7-7 first game)

7 ast

6 t.o.

Team 2-2

Doesn't mean a thing relative to big picutre; if Maynor is impressive in Salt Lake workouts/preseason exhibitions vs. incumbent, back-up point guards, he'll make team. If not, then let's introduce the Utah Flash.

1 - Eric has averaged 23 minutes, 56 seconds, not 26.19 as you stated above.
2 - The 7-7 free throw shooting was the second game, not the first.
3 - He has 12 assists
4 - He has 5 turnovers

Don't let the facts get in the way of your pessimism though.

xjohnx said:
Don't let the facts get in the way of your pessimism though.

Wait, wait, wait... You mean bighorn actually misrepresented facts?

In the years that I have been posting on the same boards as him, I've NEVER known him to do that!

Really, does anybody even listen to him anymore? Can we just ban him? He's borderline troll.

Back