VCU Baseball Summer League News

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
OK.....Good to see so much action on these boards!!

CCBL (Cape Cod Baseball League) is THE preeminent summer showcase league for collegians. Tyler Locklear played for Orleans last season, haven't seen any roster news yet, but it stands to reason he'll be there again. MLB draft is also in play for him, I'd imagine

FCBL (Futures Collegiate Baseball League) is also in New England, Connor Hujsak played for Nashua...haven't seen the rosters there for 2022 yet. TBD

Valley Baseball League https://valleyleaguebaseball.com/ is where the action's at....8 or so Rams there. I live near Winchester, Va (which has a team, but no Rams) and @AlienAiden probably has stories of drunken debauchery as a youth in the ShenVal near Harrisonburg :lol:

so far?

Charlottesville: Logan Amiss, Nick Erricson, Justin Humenay

Covington: Ben Nippolt

Purcellville: Brendan Roney

Staunton: Cade Dressler, Will Carlone, Cooper Benzin

2 Rams are playing in the Appalachian League
Chase Hungate with Bristol
Jesse Robinson Jr with Princeton

I'm off of school for the summer, so I'll do my best to drop updates and whatnot...I hope to go to a few games as well, who knows

there's also the Coastal Plains League, many Rams have gone there but the rosters aren't out yet
I'll check into the Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League as well

Hey @rollins77 ....does VCU Baseball put out any info on stuff like this?? just curious

Last edited:
Reactions: DNB

CCBL (Cape Cod Baseball League) is THE preeminent summer showcase league for collegians. Tyler Locklear played for Orleans last season, haven't seen any roster news yet, but it stands to reason he'll be there again. MLB draft is also in play for him, I'd imagine

FCBL (Futures Collegiate Baseball League) is also in New England, Connor Hujsak played for Nashua...haven't seen the rosters there for 2022 yet. TBD

Valley Baseball League https://valleyleaguebaseball.com/ is where the action's at....8 or so Rams there. I live near Winchester, Va (which has a team, but no Rams) and @AlienAiden probably has stories of drunken debauchery as a youth in the ShenVal near Harrisonburg :lol:

so far?

I'm off of school for the summer, so I'll do my best to drop updates and whatnot...I hope to go to a few games as well, who knows

there's also the Coastal Plains League, many Rams have gone there but the rosters aren't out yet

Hey @rollins77 ....does VCU Baseball put out any info on stuff like this?? just curious
Usually once a summer we'll post an update on how guys are doing. Don't hold your breath on Locklear in Cape Cod, unless somebody's got an A-ball team up there.

so far?

When I was a kid I used to go on the hill and watch Harrisonburg Turks games. If I got a foul ball they would give me .50 cents if I brought it back. I would make 10 bucks a game. Ha! Mr Wease is still coaching that team after all these years. Wow!

I find it interesting that the Rams have played the last two National Champs.
Maybe schedule Arkansas, Florida, or Tennessee next year and make it three in a row?

Every player listed here has their summer league stats for 2022....bless you, baseball reference!!

Connor Hujsak...Vermont

Logan Amiss...Charlottesville

Justin Humenay...Charlottesville

Nic Ericsson...Charlottesville

Ben Nippolt...Covington

Brendan Roney...Purcellville

Cade Dressler...Staunton

Will Carlone...Staunton

Cooper Benzin...Staunton

Chase Hungate...Bristol

Jesse Robinson Jr....Princeton

Last edited: