VCU fan Elijah Hedrick declares early for the NBA Draft

districtballer

Elite Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLDiFXac8w

This is pretty hilarious. VCU fan and 6 ft. combo guard Elijah Hedrick has decided to forgo his senior year and declare for the NBA draft. He expects to be drafted in the mid-to-late first round and thanks all VCU fans for their support in his future career. :lol:

Dan please make a reply video and challenge this guy to a 1v1 at caryst gym

Then vcuramnation would have something to video over the summer

ramtastic83 said:
Dan please make a reply video and challenge this guy to a 1v1 at caryst gym

Then vcuramnation would have something to video over the summer
after watching that video I'm not sure it would be much of a game...

he would take you to the house with those skill dan, CHALLENGE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE, TRIPLE DOG DARE YA

or maybe RRR could have a 3 pt contest

districtballer said:
Just so you all know, Elijah is the face behind Rodney the Ram. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rodney the Ram unmasked
480q2l7i.jpg

Ever wonder who Rodney the Ram is? Well, lucky for you The CT was able to track him down and have a conversation with him.

Virtually, everyone who has been to any basketball, football or baseball game has seen a mascot. The mascot is responsible for keeping the crowd pumped up and entertained during the breaks in the action.

At VCU basketball games, Rodney the Ram has that responsibility. And while many people don't know it, sophomore Elijah Hedrick plays the part of Rodney the Ram. Hedrick landed the gig because of a conversation he had with a family member.

"I kind of joked about it with my cousin about two years ago. I had no intentions of actually doing it, but an ex-girlfriend works at the Siegel Center and she remembered me joking about it. She called me and I told her that I would come and do it," Hedrick said.

Hedrick has been Rodney the Ram since the beginning of the basketball season and enjoys being the mascot.

http://media.www.commonwealthtimes..../Sports/Rodney.The.Ram.Unmasked-3619601.shtml

Just to clarify a bit....Elijah was Rodney last year, not this year. Due to work and school work load he could not commit to the full season this year. His obligations are down for next year so he is waiting to hear wether or not he can re-take over the horns. However I seriously doubt after he gets drafted he will find time to come and be a Ram at a VCU game but who knows!

ramtastic83 said:
he would take you to the house with those skill dan, CHALLENGE CHALLENGE CHALLENGE, TRIPLE DOG DARE YA
lol
ramtastic83 said:
or maybe RRR could have a 3 pt contest
and I don't think I can respond to this...

there's only ONE real rodney in my book...unfortunately, i believe a court order prevents him from resuming his duties as mascot.

Back