• VCU70

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Who would win between the following teams?

1. Emit Remmus - Eric Maynor, Rolando Lamb, George Byrd, Bo Jones, Martin Henlan, Antoine Ford, Elander Lewis, Brandon Rozzell

or

7. VCU70 - Len Creech, Edmund Sherrod, Mike Shlegel, Monty Knight, Jamal Shuler, Greg McCray, Greg Mcdougal, Reggie Cain

Scouting Report for my squad:

Eric Maynor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDuf1vuhM5Q ...nuff said

Bo Jones: 7th all-time in scoring average (15.2ppg), 2nd in 3pt made, 2nd in FT%...and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VJCDhhfcyk

Rolando Lamb: Led VCU to three NCAA tournament berths, All-Sun Belt first team selection twice, All-America Honorable Mention in 84 and 85, 47% from 3 in his career (1st in VCU history), 3rd all-time in career assists, #1 all-time in career steals with 257, 3rd round NBA draft pick...the original dagger ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_2XgAtXf6c

Martin Henlan: 10th in career rebounds, 9th in rebounds/game, 9th in career blocks, 1991 Player of the Year in the BBL

George Byrd: My favorite VCU player of all-time, 3rd in FG% (57%), 6th in career blocks, THE STOPPER...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjH94i1gtQ&feature=related

Coming off the bench:

Elander Lewis: McDonald's All-American, transfer from St Johns, led rams in 89-90 with 14ppg

Antoine Ford: 7-0 243, played with Henlan, transfer from GT (11th in career block), 54 blocks in 87-88.

Brandon Rozzell: I really like the way this kid plays...and I wanted some local talent. We're going to see some great things from him over the next couple of seasons.

Nice breakdown Emit...

This one is full of amazing guards, it would be fun to watch...not sure which I'm going right now... Would love to see VCU70's breakdown...

I'm waiting to hear what VCU70 has to say as well before I cast my vote.

Dang Emit's breakdown looks tough to beat...I'll have to see what VCU70 pulls out because im not up on half of his players

Well folks, I guess I'm the old timer here and therefore the only one to see some of my players in action.I know I am at a disadvantage but here goes.

PG-Edmond Sherrod-Can argue he's the best point gaurd ever to play here-not to discredit Eric's last minute heroics over and over. Started at the Pt 4 years, 2nd all-time in steals,1st in assists,2 NCAA appearances, 16th all time scoring with 1324 pts. Awesome ball handler.

SG-Monty Knight-2 NCAAs,7th all-time in points

Center-Mike Schegel-6th all time in Rebounds, 23rd all time in Points, 2 NCAAs

pf-Greg McCray-Solid rebounder and scorer, drafted by the celtics,2 NCAAs

sf-Len Creech-yes I saw him play as a senior-amazing-no one could stop him-Read about him on my post yesterday in the fantasy draft thread-interesting comments by Tubby Smith and Steve Harvey. All-time scorer with 2,019 pts. If we had threes then, it would be 2500 pts at least-never saw a shot he didn't like.

Bench-Maybe one of the greatest players who only played one year here-Greg McDougald-read about him also in the draft thread. as a Freshman here, 3rd all-time rebound avg. at 12.9 AS A FRESHMAN! Alot like McCray.

Jamal Schuler-1,011pts, NCAA app. -awesome firepower off the bench

Reggie Cain-Terrific 3 pt shooter off the bench

I can put 5 on the floor that scored over 7,000 pts-can't defense that my friends-someone will burn you.

vcu70 said:
Well folks, I guess I'm the old timer here and therefore the only one to see some of my players in action.I know I am at a disadvantage but here goes.

PG-Edmond Sherrod-Can argue he's the best point gaurd ever to play here-not to discredit Eric's last minute heroics over and over. Started at the Pt 4 years, 2nd all-time in steals,1st in assists,2 NCAA appearances, 16th all time scoring with 1324 pts. Awesome ball handler.

Eric is now 1st all time in assists.
Jamal Schuler-1,011pts, NCAA app. -awesome firepower off the bench

errr.... big pet peeve there!

I see a game where 70's guys are able to keep a lid on Eric for 3/4s of the game, at which point he goes on a Maynoresque run to pull his team within single digits, but then final-minute fouling pushes it back into doubles.... final, 70 by 14

I think Emmit will pull this one out. He's got the advantage Guard-wise and some big 'ol bodies down low. VCU70 has better bench strength...But E/Ro/Bo not only sounds cool (dare I say cooler then Run TMC) but is deadly effective.

This is a tough one, Emit's team has a very strong backcourt but the frontcourt is slow. VCU70 also has a very good backcourt, but his frontcourt lacks height. I think it would go to OT, Jamal guarding Eric would be interesting.

I think I will flip a coin and then vote.

This would be a much closer game than you FNGs think. The backcourts are very well matched and the matchups themselves are intriguing. Ro Lamb could pick Eric's pockets more than once. Sherrod was Steady Eddie but Shu would be in his jock. Monty Knight was a crafty player.

I do think that Emit has the edge down in the paint, not that Schlegel couldn't hold his own, but that after 40 minutes of Martin Henlan and Gerge Byrd hanging on you something has to give. Probably Eric coming in for one of his patented floaters.

I give this round to Emit.

Well Emit won the draft lottery and picked Eric first (duh) and the majority here is not going to vote against Maynors team so I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Emit will it all. Go get'um.

vcu70 said:
Well Emit won the draft lottery and picked Eric first (duh) and the majority here is not going to vote against Maynors team so I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Emit will it all. Go get'um.

Good game...there are several good teams out there, hopefully I can make a run for the fantasy championship

oh and thanks for the votes :D

Back