Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Who wins between the following teams?

5. ViCtorioUs - Gerald Henderson, Bernard Harris, Sherron Mills, Nicky Jones, Marc Jackson, Vince Wilson, Antoine Willie, George Price

or

3. ROW6RAM - Calvin Duncan, Jesse Dark, Kenny Stancell, "Tiny" Highsmith, Michael Brown, Shawn Hampton, Chris Brower, Terrence Gibson

I'm going to need to find out about some of these players (prior to 1996). Who has the better team here?

ramramthankyoumaam said:
I'm going to need to find out about some of these players (prior to 1996). Who has the better team here?

Glad you asked. Let me start with Gerald Henderson. Gerald was out of Huguenot High here in Richmond. He was the state long jump champion in high school and also was a very good high jumper. He stands 6'3' tall and was a real slasher to the basket. Good ball handling skills. He scored 1542 points in his 4 year career here. He was drafted by the the Spurs in the 3rd round and had a long career in the NBA, most notably with the Celtics that includes a NBA championship as the the starting 2 guard, and with the 76ers. He now lives in the Philadelphia area and owns several businesses.

Bernard "Super 'Nard" Harris was a willowy 6'10' center who played here from '70 to '74. Probably the best outside shooter for a big that VCU ever had. He loved to shoot from the top of the key and if there had been a 3 point rule in effect then his point totals would certainly been higher. He still owns the single season FG% record here at .603. His 3 years as a starter his scoring averages were 19.5, 19.7 and 19.2. Talk about consistency! I believe he averaged double figures in rebounds each of those years as well. His FT% his senior year was a sizzling .836. His career totals are 1379 points and 839 rebounds. He enjoyed a long professional career in Europe. Along with Gerald he is a member of VCU's sports hall of fame.

Marc Jackson only played the '93-'94 season here. From Philadelphia he stood 6'10" tall and weighed 270 lbs. Probably less than 5% body fat. To say he was a physical specimen would be an understatement. He had flashes of brilliance here as a freshman and certainly would have started his sophomore season but transferred to Temple instead. He had a huge impact for John Chaney and the Owls. He led them to several post season torurneys and had one particularly long run in the NCAA. He was selected in the second round of the NBA draft and was named to the all rookie team with the Hornets for the '93-'94 season.

George "Tic" Price was a 6'7" forward who played for the Rams for 2 seasons from '74 to'76. He was devastating on the break and while I don't have his season averages I know he scored 36 points in one game.
Unfortunately he transferred to Va. Tech where he became a 2 year starter. He became a coach and was head coach at UNO a few years back.

Sherron Mills was a 6'9" center who started for the Rams from '90 to'93. He averaged 12.9 points per game in the '91-'92 season and 15.4 PPG in '92-'93. This was against Metro Conference competition. He was the 29th player chosen in the "93 NBA draft. He too had a long illustrious career in Europe.

Vince Wilson was a solid, if not spectacular point guard for the Rams from '87 to '89. He was very reliable as a set up man and rarely committed a turnover. He averaged just under 10 PPG his senior season in this role. He was a very good defensive player and generally drew the the opponent's scoring guard as his assignment.

Nicky Jones is one of my all time favorite Rams. He played here from '83-'86 and was the team captain his senior year. He was silky smooth and was tall for a guard at 6'4". He averaged 15.2 PPG and had a career assist per game average of 3.57. A very good outside shooter he would also slash to the basket as well as set his team's offense and distribute the ball. His FT% of .817 led the team his senior season. He was a 5th round NBA pick, but tore out his knee in training camp.

Antoine Willie is my defensive stopper but was no slouch on offense. He scored 31 points against FAU on 12.08.01.

The victorious team is very big and strong up front, but capable of scoring close in, medium and long range. My starting front line would be Super 'Nard, Marc Jackson and Tic Price. Get that thing outta here! Sherron Mills would come off the bench quickly and probably these 4 would rotate as starters.

Nicky Jones would play number 1 with Gerald Henderson at number 2. Vince Wilson could come in at the point and spell Henderson with Nicky sliding over to number 2 or he could take over when Nicky needed a blow. Someone gets hot on the opposing team and I'm gonna sic Willie on 'em.

My team is well constructed and deep. C'mon bring it.

Row6 has some of my all time favorite players in Calvin, Bo and Tiny, but Vic is just too big and talented overall for him to beat. And even with the great Row6 guards, Antoine Willie (the best VCU defensive guard ever) will negate one of those other guards and Vince possibly another.

Bad matchup in this case.

I agree with Ramathon, however, if Brower can get hot, he can turn the tide by himself. I'll stay loyal to my shooters and give Row6 the slightest of edges.

Vince Wilson goes to my pool, just thought I'd throw that in there. I've played volleyball with him too. :lol:

Back