VCU Football-"we are winless"

I'm happy to say I recieved a reply from Dr. Rao through Norman Teague. The possibility of establishing a first class football program "will be studied diligently in the coming year".
That's all I ask this university to do. I trust they will know how to research the proper information and report back to us all. I'm sure I won't have any imput , as I know nothing about the process. I thought all the money, corporate sponsers and fundraising is done before the announcement we are starting a team . Man, am I stupid.

vcu70 said:
I'm happy to say I recieved a reply from Dr. Rao through Norman Teague. The possibility of establishing a first class football program "will be studied diligently in the coming year".
That's all I ask this university to do. I trust they will know how to research the proper information and report back to us all. I'm sure I won't have any imput , as I know nothing about the process. I thought all the money, corporate sponsers and fundraising is done before the announcement we are starting a team . Man, am I stupid.

Good to hear..hopefully things turn out good and we can proceed with the right timing

vcu70 said:

I'm 100% confident nothing will come of it. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to come back and say so. I just know how our Athletic Department works, and we certainly are in no position to start football in the near future.

districtballer said:
I'm 100% confident nothing will come of it. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to come back and say so. I just know how our Athletic Department works, and we certainly are in no position to start football in the near future.

I don't think anybody wants foot ball in the near future but a 5-8 year plan would be nice but like you said the way our athletic dept works I doub't this plan comes into play let alone it even being a solid plan

Nice video I bleed, but can we afford a marching band? I don't think so. Maybe 10 yrs after we get a FB team.

vcu70 said:
Nice video I bleed, but can we afford a marching band? I don't think so. Maybe 10 yrs after we get a FB team.

We'll need a stadium before we need a football team. Oh yeah, and startup money. Never mind the fact that we just got 25 million dollars in budget cuts for this year.

districtballer said:
vcu70 said:

We'll need a stadium before we need a football team. Oh yeah, and startup money. Never mind the fact that we just got 25 million dollars in budget cuts for this year.

Not sure why you keep bringing up the budget cuts..nobody is saying do football RIGHT NOW..down the road when the economy picks back up. We could use city stadium or upgrade and expand sports backers and use that. I'm not sure but I am gonna guess that the coliseum is too small to hold a football field.

Idealy we would all like a stadium on campus, but this is one of the downfalls of having a campus in the middle of the city

The CAA's first ever nationally televised regular season football game is to be shown Saturday from Villanova 4-0 hosting W & M 4-0.

Think I'm going to have a FB jersey made up and wear it to the BB games in support of the idea. I'll be 47 fans.

Six CAA teams in the top 15 in the country in 1-AA. Several shall be moving on up in the next few years putting us further behind and we may never catch up. Kinda like Georgetown and the big east aren't we?

Back