VCU-GW game time set for 7 p.m.

I didn't believe the BS from NUHF that you guys told the NIT "home game or nothing" already, this pretty much seals that thought.

Good luck in the CBI. Would be great to see the CAA do damage in all of the conference tourneys!

I'm booked for Tuesday and can't travel...any TV coverage mentioned?? (Doubtful but a guy can hope anyway)

ramramthankyoumaam said:
I'm booked for Tuesday and can't travel...any TV coverage mentioned?? (Doubtful but a guy can hope anyway)

Same thing here... HD Net is televising 11 games, I believe? Ours is one of them apparently...

HD NET is actually the network carrying the game...they are distibuting it to the other satellite providers. On Fios in Richmond HD Net is channel 567. Pretty cool that the game will be in HD !!

I'll be there.

Am I the only person excited for this tournament? I know it's not what we hoped for, or expected, but darn we're still playing ball in mid March.

if you are going to the game I would recommend driving to the Springfield metro station then taking the blue line to the Foggy Bottom stop. The arena is 2 block from the station.

Brings back memories ...

I would rate the Smith Center as the site one of VCU's five greatest basketball moments.

Dec. 28, 1970 - Franklin Street Gym - VCU defeats Big 10 power Minnesota, 62-56, OT

March 1, 1978 - SMITH CENTER, GWU - VCU defeats John Thompson's Georgetown Hoyas, 88-75, in ECAC playoffs

Feb. 25, 1980 - Charlotte Coliseum - VCU defeats UAB to secure first NCAA bid

March 16, 1984 - Meadowlands - Rolando Lamb's desperate heave gives VCU 70-69 win over Northeastern in NCAA first round

March 15, 2007 - Buffalo - Mighty Duke falls to Rams, 79-77, on Eric Maynor's heroics

Back